Michael J Fox Foundation

Yesterday I went to Northwestern University Hospital, in Chicago, for blood work, cognitive quizzing, a DATscan, lumbar puncture and an MRI as part of the Parkinson's Progression Markers Initiative research that was funded by The Michael J Fox Foundation.

I was surprised when Ms Karen Williams, The Project Coordinator, gave me a Certificate honouring my one year commitment to this research and an autographed copy of Michael J Fox's book "Always Looking Up". When I was told about the book my wife, who came along to this appointment to help me look intelligent, whispered "Let's see how tiny his signature is."

I feel fortunate to be involved with such an important project.

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thank you for being part of the project.

• People like you keep our world going round. Congratulations!

• Blessings to you!! I would love to be in a research program, but do not know of anything like that in South Texas. Keep up the good work & I'm happy for your 1 year success and glad you got the MJ Fox signed book. Take care from another parkie newly dx.

• ditto as in deepest darkest france - there dont appear to be any trials

• Well done and thanks for your committment, hopefully a benefit to us all affected with PD

• Hi not rials here apart from the news one based in glasgow

Lol Jill

:-)

• thats a long day you went through to help the rest of us. Thanks.

• Joealt you are awesome! What a great thing to participate in research to find a cure and help those living with Parkinsons. For those interested in participating you can check to see what is available in your area here: foxtrialfinder.michaeljfox....

I called about participating as a control group person, but was too young. That will change in a few years and then I can be a more active part of finding the cure! I am on my way to NYC right now to sit in on the MJFF Research Round Table being held as part of the Team Fox MVP fundraisers appreciation dinner event. I'll post if I learn something interesting!

• It sounds like the same thing i have just voulenteered for here in the UK. I will find out in the next 4 weeks if i have been accepted. Good luck and take care xxx.

• Thank you so much for helping us all!

You may also like...