1) Suck on ice chips during the day to encourage more swallowing
2) Avoid excess sugar as this encourages saliva production
3) Drink carbonated drinks or tea with lemon to help reduce mucus in the throat
4) Avoid holding your chin up when you drink as this can cause choking and
5) Drink out of a glass instead of a can
6) If you use a straw, keep it in the front of your mouth to avoid too much liquid
flowing to the back of your mouth/throat too quickly.
7) Avoid drinking dairy products as these can cause mucus in your throat