Problems experienced while on Requip XL?

I tak 6mg of Requip daily and thought I did not have any problems with this. However, I am now wondering whether cramps, etc. in my lower legs, etc. can be attributed to Requip?

I would be grateful to know of any problems people have experienced whilst taking Requip, however minor, before I keep my next hospital appointment.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Unlikely Court. Cramps can be PD and Requip should help. Statins can cause this though.

• Court, Before I started taking meds I experienced lower leg cramps, but determined that they were caused mostly by failure to hydrate properly. After starting a 3mg per day Requip regimen, cramps have not been a problem.

• Hydration, as ronn states, plus exercise. I had cramps before I started biking. Haven't had any for a long time. See pedalingforparkinsons.org

• EXTREME DEBILATING NAUSEA, SWELLING THAT LEFT PERMANENT MARKS ON MY ANKLES, GAINED 40 LBS, OCD BEHAVIORS INCLUDING SHOPPING, COMPUTER GAMES AND SEXUAL. NOT FOR EVERYONE!

• Do you take anything else court,6mg is a very small amount ,if thats all you take its sub theraputic anyway and if diagnosed 5 years,I think you said,likely that you may need more ,the discomfort could be dystonia.Works well for me but tolerability is a big issue for many. Good luck.

• I also take Stalevo 100mg 5 times a day. Have an appointment soon so will see if they review my tablets.

You may also like...