My Favorite Things-Making Life with PD More Manageable

Sometimes PD makes it hard to perform everyday tasks. Here are some items that help me.

Satin pajamas- If your ability to scoot,turnover or get out of bed is impaired satin PJs slide and make it easier.

Conair Infiniti Pro Spin Air Rotating Styler -It's a brush and hairdryer in one. No need to have two hands to do your hair.

Full Coverage Front Close Nadia Bra by Soma- Finally a bra that supports,is pretty and does not take 15 minutes to fasten. soma.com/store/browse/shelf...

Active wear- Nike, Starter,Adidas,and Target all have sweats that are more attractive than sweats but as easy to put on.

Lift Seat Cushion- gets you back up after sitting down. mtsmedicalsupply.com/c/47/U...

SUV or Truck-much easier getting in and out of because it is higher than a car.

Velcro fasten Mary Jane walking shoes shoebuy.com/propet-mary-jan...

Handicapped Apparel - silverts.com/?s_gaw=dh0WRhl...

Baby Powder-makes socks and pants slide on easier

Raised toilet seat-for when you can't get off the pot globalindustrial.com/p/safe...

What tools do you use that helps your daily life?

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • hi jerebet

i too havea raised toilet seat a shower stool a frame around the toilet in the bahtroom btu sitll falll over regualarlyu in that room

i also have socks and tights thingsm to ehlp em put them on - not v/. good- my carer does htat 4 me

zips buttons a problem but i am not going down the velcro route yet

my knee pad sare essential adn i wear them 24 /7 apart from 5 mis in the shower each am

i need elbow pads as welll as my right side takes the brunt of my falls

i am getign good exercise going up adn down the stairs for my cat and will hopefully shortly nto have to do that as i am movign to a groudn floor apartment in tjhe same

building

(see my answers ot many blogs on this )

iyt is not oyhr weeked yet but i have had afew glasses fo wine and my typing is better

yeah! believe it or nto

love jill :-)

\ps donot forget the party on sat nigjht 2 celebrate my immiinent move!

• Hi Jillann, You are truly an inspiration to all of us. Cheers! I so miss wine. Can' t have it with the Azilect ;-(

Have a glass for me.Don't work too hard on the move.I hope you and your kitty enjoy your new place.

• You can have white wine with Azilect, just not red wine.

• Hi Jill. How are you doing? Not long before the big day. Not sure whether I will be able to make the party. We should have been going to open our caravan for the season, but our son is back in hospital - yet again.

Had tests on Tuesday, another infection yesterday. Took himself to hospital after work - with temp of just under 40 - and was admitted. If we don't go, and it depends how he gets on - will be at party. Try and stop me.

Sue

:-)

• I have velcro mary jane shoes, but unless I get the velcro exactly lined up and press on it, hard, the strap comes loose.

They were expensive and I like them.

• Hi Di, so true about velcro shoes. Mine were not expensive and they beat the heck out of buckles.

• Keen shoes and sandals- they have an elastic loop closure and are so well built that my fussy feet don't hardly complain,

Satin nighties are great and I use a baby blanket that is satin on one side and fleece on the other (stays where it is put ) to help witih turning and getting in and out of bed,

Oh, eyeliner. ladies ? does is make you cringe just reading ? I found one called Voluminous eyeliner by L'Oreal has a unique sponge tip that I can control just enough to get some where it should be.

Thanks for the ideas - this is so practical- and it can make life just a litle simpler.

• Thank you Jill, Great suggestions. I'll check out the shoes and eyeliner.

• I find sleeping in the nude is easier than any kind of pj's. Any form of pj or nightie gets all twisted when you turn over.

• Same here !

• Jerbet,

Thanks for all the great websites! I have a great deal of trouble turning around when I try to get in bed ,the car,etc. I found something called a swivel disk to help me with this problem on one of the websites you listed. I also found an inexpensive seat lift. I can't wait to receive them and try them out. You're such a blessing. Thanks!

• Great post! Thanks for sharing your founds!!

I am in search of socks that don't burn feet, slide away or roll under my feet !! Also tennis shoes with a lot of support for I walk and exercise a lot , I have Parkinson and knee osteoarthritis .

Thank you and looking forward to your suggestions !

Chantal

You may also like...