Have you heard about the Healy or Fr... - Parkinson's Movement

Parkinson's Movement
17,556 members17,520 posts

Have you heard about the Healy or Frequency Specific Microcurrent Therapy?

blogger_7
blogger_7

I have recently acquired a Healy to see how I can benefit. I have documented improvement in my sleep in my blog post. I'd be willing to share additional information. silverliningsandparkinsons....

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Can you explain how you use it? Where do you attach the electrodes?

I use a TENS/microcurrent unit. For autonomic dysfunction I use transauricular vagal nerve stimulation (TENS with ear clips). For skin rejuvenation I use microcurrent with wand probes.

My unit cost ~ $50, not including electrodes. So it is affordable but since it is DIY you have to figure out a lot of stuff for yourself and it is not without risks. I can see the advantage of something like Healy or NuCalm, but of course they are much more expensive.

blogger_7
blogger_7 in reply to Rhyothemis

Thank you Rhyothemis, for your comments and questions, The Healy comes with reusable press button adhesive electrodes and also wrist bands with electrodes and cords which plug into the Healy and snap onto the electrodes. When I select a program, on the Healy app which is installed onto my cell phone, it down loads and a screen appears showing me where to place the electrodes and allows me to increase or decrease the strength of the frequencies involved in the selected program, for my comfort.

After reading 'The Resonance Effect' I had written down which frequencies the author indicated were most beneficial for various healing effects. But I don't think I have an aptitude to figure it all out, The Healy takes out the guess work.

Rhyothemis
Rhyothemis in reply to blogger_7

I should read the book, I have not yet. I must admit I am skeptical about the effects of specific frequencies. I have read in peer-reviewed articles and confirmed with my own experience that lower frequencies allow for deeper tissue penetration. So, for example, if someone wanted to stimulate nerves in the colon , they would need to use a very low frequency. I try to use a higher frequency when treating my eye area for wrinkles since I don't want to stimulate the optic nerve; too low and I get 'phosphenes' - light flashes from direct nerve stimulation.

Unfortunately I think a lot of microcurrent device sellers and microcurrent therapy trainers would like to keep information obscure and hence they don't publish in peer reviewed journals.

blogger_7
blogger_7 in reply to Rhyothemis

“The book on Amazon you can buy right now is called Resonance Therapy by Carolyn McMakin. amazon.com/Resonance-Effect...

blogger_7
blogger_7 in reply to blogger_7

I purchased it on Kindle so I could begin reading right away. Hugs

Rhyothemis
Rhyothemis in reply to blogger_7

I'll probably get it at some point, but I'd prefer peer-reviewed research reports on experiments testing hypotheses developed from the theory.

behindmlm.com/mlm-reviews/h...

I have reservations about the Healy. It is sold through an MLM multi level marketing scheme and so i think it is sensible to be cautious.

The Healy device was registered with the FDA on the basis of equivalence to an existing Omron device. In such cases, all that the "generic" co (Healy, in this case) has to show is equivalence. That is important - if it is equivalent, it must be worth considering the Omron device, which is a lot cheaper, although may not come with a list of frequencies. (in Caroline McMakin's book) omronhealthcare.com/product... If it is not equivalent to Omron, the application should not have been made on that basis.

Safety for electro stimulation devices was assessed against ECT – they don't cause seizures. There has been no evaluation of the risks to the blood / brain barrier and that may be a concern for people with Parkinson's. The Healy is intended to pass a current through the skull to the relevant part of the brain. I coudn't find a clear description of power levels last time I looked - the power claimed by Healy in their patent is wide.

You may also like...