PTT procedure March 11, 2020
90 day report
June 9, 2020
The degree of relief for my treated (left side/right brain) is 90%.
Overall, I consider myself to be 65% relieved of Parkinson’s.
Of the changes that did occur, all happened within a few days of the procedure.
1) Initially, complete relief from tremor, rigidity, stiffness, dystonia, and back and neck pain on the left side, but some regression has occurred. A minor tremor has returned to my left hand, but only when in bed at night when trying to go to sleep or if I experience stress - so it is not a concern. I now eat and drink with my left hand, control the computer mouse with my left hand and do most things with my left hand.
2) Initially, 90% improved sleep, but some regression has occurred. Sleep is now 50% better.
3) Initially, normal walk and left arm swing returned and remains resolved.
4) Initially, complete relief from constipation. I was having 2 bowel movements per day for the 1st month, then one bowel movement per day for the 2nd month and exactly at the end of the 2nd month, full constipation returned. Boo-hoo.
5) Facial mask disappeared and remains gone.
6) Much improved voice, although minor regression has occurred, but remains good.
7) Initially, jaw tremor stopped, but a minor tremor has returned, but only when in bed at night when trying to go to sleep - so it is not a concern.
8) Initially, minimal reduction of tremor in the right hand, but now is significantly worse. If I am sitting in a chair and rest my right arm on my right leg, it shakes my whole torso. I cannot do anything with my right hand.
9) Gait initiation was a significant problem and was a 90% improvement, but minimal regression has occurred and is a 65% improvement.
10) Initially, turning over in bed was a 90% improvement, but regression has occurred and is now a 30% improvement.
Back pain occurred every day was a problem, but is now completely resolved.
Initially, I felt tipsy, tending to lean forward, but that only lasted 2 weeks.
I have significant tremor in my right arm, some neck stiffness, impaired, but much improved voice, balance, gait and dexterity.
I have a good attitude and no bouts of depression. I am looking forward to the future instead of dreading it. I’m happy and love our dog.
I would like to return next March, 2021 and have the other side done.
I have asked the good doctor if he would be willing to do so and what is criteria is for making that decision.
I've been off-line for the past week. Did I miss anything useful?