A greeting card from Italy. - Parkinson's Movement

Parkinson's Movement

17,805 members โ€ข 17,869 posts

A greeting card from Italy.

GioCas
GioCas
โ€ข41 Replies

Today a light dinner with four typical Italian products bought at the discount store.

Bresaola from Valtellina,

buffalo mozzarella from Campania,

olive oil from Puglia,

Lambrusco a sparkling red wine from Emilia-Romagna, only half a glass.

all healthy stuff, but especially very good.

Happy New year๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

41 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Go on, fill the glass up!

GioCas
GioCas in reply to Bundoran

ha ha i will.

Lambrusco is a light red wine with 8 alcoholic degrees, it contains many natural antioxidants, but I drink it because it is red and is better than prosecco.

โ€œSweet Lambrusco became hugely popular in the United States in the late 1970s-1980s, reaching a high of over 13 million cases exported to the country in 1985. The wine is noted for high acidity and berry flavors.โ€

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lam...

Despe
Despe in reply to GioCas

HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR, Gio! :) Lambrusco is still popular in the US. Love it and have it often. My husband's favorite wine, too.

Happy New Year GioCas โค

GioCas
GioCas in reply to nellie58

Thanks also to you two. It's always a pleasure to hear from you Nellie.๐Ÿ˜Š

Happy New Year Gio

Happy New Year! Thank you for bringing such a refreshing, uplifting attitude to this forum.

GioCas
GioCas in reply to kgold

Happy New year to you too. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’›

โœจ๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†โœจHappy new year, Gio and also to the rest of the forum!!! โœจ๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ†โœจ

Art

Jennyjenny2
Jennyjenny2 in reply to chartist

Happy New Year, Art, and greetings from Australia.

Despe
Despe in reply to chartist

Happy New Year, Art. Thank you for all your health advice and contributions to this forum.

Looks delicious. Happy New year Gio

Happy New Year, Gio! What a beautifully set celebration table! It would be great if we could all get together, and celebrate the New Year!

GioCas
GioCas in reply to ddmagee1

Yes Doug,

Mystic thought on โ€œpast and futureโ€of the end of the year:

I know you my friend because for a long, long time we share the same place.

We've been through a lot together and I trust you like you trust me.

The future is eternal and is there in front of us and free.

We can perish but we cannot leave the Life that we are.

Happy New Year Doug,my friend.

Gio.

ddmagee1
ddmagee1 in reply to GioCas

Thanks for the wonderful reply, Gio! Indeed, I consider you a supportive friend, who has helped me get through this journey of living with chronic illness! I am thankful for my friends, especially, those, like you, who really understand! You are a blessing to me! I appreciate your positivity and sunny disposition! Buon 2020!

If that is a light dinner, I can imagine what it will be tonight. A fantastic 2020 for everything!!

GioCas
GioCas in reply to Fed1000

Ciao Federico ๐Ÿ™

Buon anno a te e a tutta la tua famiglia dalla Brianza.

Giorgio

Happy New Year, Gio, and greetings from Australia.

GioCas
GioCas in reply to Jennyjenny2

Thanks Jenny,

the sun on HU and its members never sets.

I would like to be there in Australia in the heat of summer and on its long days.

What was beautiful in 2019 will be even more so in 2020.

Happy new new year to you too.๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒน

Happy New Year! What a beautiful repast. The bresaola we get in the US is imported, but much thicker slices, drier, and saltier. Not the tender, delicate slices you show, but better than none!

You are always welcome in Italy .

Happy New year .

Gio ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜œ

-

-

-

-

PS. I don't want to sound rude, but the difference between Italian cuisine in Italy and other countries is abysmal. Although each country has its very good culinary specialties, but I don't have a great memory ๐Ÿ˜„

Looks much healthier than your last with chestnut syrup and fat combo dish. I hope the coming year is a better one for you and everyone. Happy new year!

GioCas
GioCas in reply to rescuema

Ha ha ๐Ÿ˜‚ true!

That was Lardo dรฌ colonnata with boiled chestnuts and chestnut honey.

It is so good that it is worth the week of this life that it took me away.

Hi Rescuema, how's it going?

A new and higher challenge awaits us in 2020:

finding ways to slow down / cure all neurological diseases and ensure that they no longer scare anyone.

Wanting it intensely is part of the solution.

Are you ready!

anyone who says it can't be done is a defeatist.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Happy New year!

Gio

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lardo

rescuema
rescuema in reply to GioCas

All I know is that it looked like pure adipose tissue or fat, combined with pure sugar =not good for forming harmful AGEs at one sitting. Occasional indulgence is forgiven, as long as the trend is healthy. ; )

In fact the cold cut looked interesting because I'm quite a foodie - perfect as any keto or paleo option.

Yep, you sure can be rewarded for vigilance and proactiveness, and something tells me that you'll be just fine.

GioCas
GioCas in reply to rescuema

๐Ÿ™

Auguri per un felice 2020๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ

GioCas
GioCas in reply to Finn3

Grazie Finn,

Auguroni anche a te per felice 2020.

๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Gio

I always enjoy your positive attitude and the beauty you share. Happy New Year. Carol

GioCas
GioCas in reply to Goldencbc

Thank Carol๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’›

Gio, Thank you for always reaching for the sunny side of life! Love your attitude! Happy New Year!

GioCas
GioCas in reply to Springfield78

Thank you Springfield, too good! your support is of great encouragement for me too!

Happy New Year ๐Ÿ™

Have a happy and healthy new year Gio! ๐ŸŽŠ

GioCas
GioCas in reply to ConnieD

hello my friend, you have just been in my thoughts and here you are.

Never give up please.

The Irish never give up.

๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ.

Thanks you!

Happy and Healthy New Year to you too ! Connie โ˜˜๏ธโ˜˜๏ธโ˜˜๏ธ

Gio

Thank you Gio for your kind words! I needed to hear it today, I needed some encouragement , thank you my friend!๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒบ

GioCas
GioCas in reply to ConnieD

The world is made in a way that destroys self-confidence and our abilities, as nothing seems to work.

Hey, you're playing at a rigged table to make you lose.

Why feel sad, it will happen to everyone sooner or later.

Let's change the game.

Unconditional trust in ourselves and that's that. Please!โ˜˜๏ธ

ConnieD
ConnieD in reply to GioCas

Thank you friend,very wise words! A new year and a new way of thinking!!๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒท

Happy 2020!! I agree with your comment about Italian food in Italy. Omg, there is absolutely nothing as wonderful. Everything is so fresh! Even the olive oil is so good...the kind we get in the US is nasty in comparison. Love, love, love Italy and your easy going way of life!

GioCas
GioCas in reply to justhavefun2

Thank you very much! Justhavefun.

We also have many flaws that I never talk about. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

you are always welcome in Italy

Happy New Year

Giorgio

justhavefun2
justhavefun2 in reply to GioCas

It has been about 15 years since I was in your beautiful country. I loved that the shopping areas shut down mid-day, that dinner started about 8 pm and the meal was an event to connect with family/friends and to be savored. In the US, it feels like dinner is something to be hurried through...that is, if the family even sits down together at all. Everyone seems to be going in different direction. Sad!!

Happy New Year Gio and to all from Australia. My husband is much improved thanks to your advice. We went out to friends for dinner last night. The first time for about a year. He had a very social night chatting. Apathy and fogginess gone. Besides Low dose B1, added B12,6 magnesium and Mannitol in recent weeks.Thank you again.

Gwendolinej

GioCas
GioCas in reply to gwendolinej

I am happy for you. ๐Ÿ˜€

You may also like...