Parkinson's Movement
15,659 members14,419 posts

Thiamine HCL positive side effects?

Before being diagnosed with PD in early 2017 I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis. I had pain in my right palm and left knee, sometimes very strong. After I started B1 in March 2018 I noticed my pain dramatically went down. The PD is on the right hand only at this time.

Did anybody else noticed that?

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Follow

Roy, do u know whether adding Amantadine while continuing Thiamine injections would have any ill effects?

I am not a neurologist. That said, my answer no. But please read about amantadine. Use carbidopa levodopa.

ok thx

Follow

High-dose thiamine seems to be a natural mosquito repellent. They still cluster around me but they rarely land and attempt to bite.

I would be very interested to see if others with osteoarthritis experience relief with high-dose thiamine.

1 like

Yes, apparently it is a mosquito repellent! Can’t remember where I read it right this minute

Mosquito repellent? That's interesting! I'll test it tonight. I'll go naked in the forest behind my house.

3 likes

Beware : It also strongly attract cops.

You will have a hard time explaining that it was because of a forum, mosquitoes an Italian neurologist, and arthritis.

But keep us posted.

9 likes

B1 may be cop repellent, too!

2 likes

:-)

3 likes

Good to have a chuckle!

Cervical arthritis in 2015, very painful, now no longer hurts me for years. Posture will also be improved, who knows?

3 likes

Arthritis pain is caused by inflammation. Some studies say the PD is caused by brain inflammation. It seems the B1 reduces the inflammation in the body and possible helps rebuilding the cells.

4 likes

Now that seems more plausible.

You may also like...