Parkinson's Movement
12,377 members11,002 posts

My Thiamine live experiment - Coffee anyone ?

I'm in my sixth week with thiamine hcl. Doing good, but with highs and lows.

I reread RoyProp's threads and discovered something that escaped my attention till now : coffee (and tea) seems to be detrimental to B1 absorption.

Could that be the case with intramuscular B1 ?

I drink a lot of coffee (5 to 7 espressos a day)

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Google search says its true. Caffeine consumption inhibits b1 absorbtion, so does nicotine. Im sadly down to 1 cup a day and 3 cigs. Wish i could do one more cup around 2pm but 3 cigs is plenty for me.

1 like

I guess I will follow your lead... downsizing to one cup a day. The one with mannitol ;-)

2 likes

I just hope 1 is not too much!

2 likes

bassofspades could you explain Xenos that after 7 expressed a day even a healthy elephant would have tremors? :-)

4 likes

ha

1 like

ah ah ah Xenos vous ne le ferez jamais, le café et les cigarettes sont trop bons. :-)

——-

ah ah ah Xenos you'll never make it, coffee and cigarettes are too good. :-)

I was getting ready to try Thiamine again, then I read this post . I depend heavily on caffeine to support the other medication . 3 or 4 coke and a couple coffee and 2 cigarettes a day .Each coke I take a long time to drink, I snuff out and re-light each butt 3 or 4 times and keep reheating my coffee in the microwave, resulting in a fairly constant flow of caffeine , nicotine ,sugar and water. I guess that explains why the Thiamine did not work for me. I am not giving up what I know works. (actually I'm not sure I could) Like when my family decided that I was either intolerant to Gluten or allergic to wheat so I could not have Cheerios cereal for breakfast. (I thought it was made from oats ) NUTS

Thanks for bringing this to light

1 like

Thanks for digging..I was taking it in my coffee, and did notice the difference...back to taking it with green tea.

Hi Xenos !

How are you doing ?? Do you do other things besides Thiamine ??

Hello Janvan !

Concerning thiamine hcl, I stopped for one week - I am travelling - and felt way worse. I do not know if the are linked but I am back to 2 injections a week and feeling better this morning.

I also go on with mannitol everyday. It's over a year now, with no obvious result, but the seminal paper by Pr Daniel Segal is still compelling, at least for me.

last but not least I take a small dose of amitryptiline, a tricyclic pain killer and antidepressant, that could slow the progression of the disease. It restored my sleep big time and no more pain.

Needless to say, I do all that with the consent of my GP...

You may also like...