Parkinson's Movement

Unwanted weight loss and muscle wasting

How is anyone dealing with weight loss and muscle wasting?

I do not want to eat donuts and cookies to put on lost weight (well I do WANT to). How does one put on weight and gain back muscle that seems to disappear overnight? I have been eating nutrient rich and calorie dense foods (avacado, olives & olive oil, coconut oil, nuts seeds and green leafy veggies). Also doing some strength training, yoga, walking & quigong. I am still loosing. Where is the point of no return?

8 Replies
oldestnewest

I was just on an antibiotic. I'm wondering if I have an absorbtion issue? How do you fix that?

Have the Antibiotics you were on upset the balance of 'good bacteria' in your gut?

1 like

Yes

Your doctor / pharmacist should know the best things, rcommended practices and food stuffs in regard to counteracting the specific drug they prescribed.

Google search:

probiotics after antibiotics

I had major weight loss while eating well. Have not regained weight and have lost muscle strength.

Resistance exercises are one way to regain muscle (and strengthen bones). I use light (up to 5kg) hand weights with lots of repetitions every second day at home. And eat freshly cooked (in coconut oil) fish. Nothing dramatic but putting a bit of weight back on.

1 like

same here> I can only eat so much at meal times and now that I'm trying sinemet 4tid to have it away from food to try and get some positive results from it I can't have my between meal smoothies my wife would make me to try and gain a bit of weight

You may also like...