Parkinson's Movement
12,996 members11,600 posts

Mentos gum with Green Tea extract

Worth mentioning: the other day, someone at work gave me a piece of Mentos Gum with Green Tea Extract. The result was outstanding! My affected hand was stronger and my dexterity was great. It must contain EGCg, which is found in green tea extract and serves the purpose of transporting L-Dopa (a Dopaminie precursor) through the blood brain barrier. Thats the only explanation I can come up with. Try it and let me know if you get similar results!

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Does drinking green tea do the same for you?

1 like

Yes

Ingredients include mannitol, etc.

fooducate.com/app#!page=pro...

3 likes

I recently began drinking green tea and find it is generally helpful not sure about impact to tremor

1 like

I ate 2 pieces of the gum today. The results did not reproduce

2 likes

Thanks for reporting this negative result also.

1 like

You having a laugh

Mannitol is artificial sweetner used in diabetic products. It is in your chewing gum. I take mannitol everyday and my mood is lifted again and i have return of lot of dexterity to arm/hand and energy levels are brilliant.

1 like

I take it too, every day. Not as profound of an effect for me. The amount of mannitol in a piece of gum is probably so negligible it cant possibly be very effective. Maybe it was that k-cup of coffee i drank earlier that day that made the difference?

Nice, can you give me the brand, please ??

Mentos but the result was not reproducible

?? Explain, please-----

Whatdo you not understand?

You may also like...