Parkinson's Movement

High Dose Thiamine / B1 / Thiamin

In studies of Alzheimer's disease, subjects were treated with 1000 mg of oral thiamine hydrochloride three times a day for 2 to 12 months without any reports of adverse effects [7,25,26]. In a separate experiment, subjects were titrated up to 8000 mg per day over a 1-year period. The only side effects reported were nausea and indigestion in 2 subjects when they reached 7000 and 7500 mg per day [7]. There have been several clinical trials of thiamine derivatives for a variety of disorders that used doses between 300 and 900 mg per day in divided doses for periods up to 3 months. No side effects were reported in these studies [2,27-29].

8 Replies

So what can we conclude out of it for PD? Thiamine chloride or sulphide? 100 MG or 1000 MG.

I have asked the same via email from the Italian doctor and waiting for the reply

Thiamine chloride.

..."...Dear Roy,

We don't use benfothiamine because previous trials report it does not enter in the neural cells, that's why it is not used for the diseases which don't affect the Central Nervous System (Bettendorff L.).We administer thiamine cloridrate."

Doc Costantini

Okay so the side effects were minimal. Is there any evidence in these studies for efficacy?

much evidence to include videos

1 like

Have you ever tried the lipid soluble thiamine derivative benfoitiamine? Next question a have you read anything that is against it as a therapy? Been taking 300 mg along with 4g B 12 for a couple months no negative side effects . Just better mobility than when I forget to take it. Don swear to know if that is b12 or benfotiamine or the combo.

Oh, never mind I just read a previous post of yours about it.

I do not say

This study done in 2017 shows elevated levels of B1 was harmful to humans:

I will accept a slight cognitive effect for the greatly reduced PD symptoms.

You may also like...