There are a couple of questions I would like to ask due to my own experience, please respond in numerical order, and any suggestions you may have. I will give my response to each question to start it out.
01. Were you the sole provider for your family before your PD diagnosis?
02. If you were the sole provider, how did you make the bills?
03. Did you have to file bankruptcy?
04. Did you loose your home?
05. Did you have health insurance at the time of diagnosis, were you able to
keep health insurance (self pay) after your diagnosis?
06. If you were not able to keep it, were you able to get state run benefits until
your disability/medicare were approved.
02. I was asked to resign my job, the only income I currently have is child
support on my daughter. There have been times we did not have
money for groceries and friends would help us out.
03. I am considering filing for bankruptcy, I met with an attorney last year
but then thought I could go back to work when my medications had
been effective, I was wrong. I plan to meet with an attorney again.
04. I have not been able to pay my house payment for many months,
my property taxes are due in March and I do not know how I will pay
them. My mortgage company is trying to work with me to find a solution.
05. I had health insurance with my job, if I had the money I could have
continued on a Cobra policy, but I did not have the money to pay it.
06. I live in Tennessee. TennCare was suppose to be the answer for
medicare in my state. Long story short, it has not been successful
and is now only offering care to children and women with breast cancer.
There is a retired physician who has opened a clinic called Volunteers
in Medicine. They have a couple of employed persons, the rest are
volunteer doctors, nurses and lab techs. They are not accpeting new
patients. It happens that the MD who started the clinic is a close friend
I am hopeful that he will make an allowance for me.