Maybe Im crazy, maybe Im a genius, but here goes. Based on my personal research, I have developed an action plan for myself. Follow along if you want to, but beware, I am not a physician. I welcome any input from my friends up here. Im not putting down the doses, this will vary based on numerous factors such as body mass, severity of disease, how crazy you are, etc...not saying anyone else should do this but we should all always BEWARE OF INTERACTIONS IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY TAKING SUPPLEMENTS AND Rx MEDS PLEASE!!
1. Mannitol - to reduce the burden of sticky misfolded alpha synuclean plaque buildup in the brain.
2. PQQ - to prevent future misfolds of alpha synuclean. Also to regenerate mitochodria in cells. (edit 11/12/2017 Adding CoQ-10 to my PQQ)
3. Turmeric / curcumin - increases Glutathione, reduces alpha synuclean burden, reduces inflammation and pain.
4. Whey Protein Isolate - increases Glutathione and precursor amino acids.
5. Vitamin C high doses - powerful antioxidant.
6. St Johns Wort - reduces anxiety and apathy, restores damaged nerve tissue. Do not use if you are on antidepressants or MAO-B inhibitor. (Edit 11/12/2017 I no longer take St Johns Wort since my anxiety and apathy have resolved so well, from hypnosis and Dr Marty Hinz's Amino Acid therapy)
7. Vigorous aerobic exercise -as much as possible. walking, swimming, biking, eliptical machine - key to Neuroplasticity
8. NAC - increases Glutathione, ongoing studies indicate may reverse PD.
9. Isradipine - calcium channel blocker currently in phase III trial for PD neuroprotection, may slow the death of neurons.
10. Hypnosis - I tried this and it helped so much, Im not kidding. There is a case study on the web, heres the link ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/234...
11. Allithiamine, a fat soluable form of B1. (edit 11/12/2017 I tried Benfotiamine and have found it to not be as effective as Allithiamine)
12. Chiropractic care.
13. High doses of good quality fish oil.
14. Ketogenic diet (edit 11/12/2017 Recommend Organic Nutrition, decreases toxic burden)
15. Dr Marty Hinz's Amino Acid protocol. Been on it a short time and feel better.
16. Creatine - helps muscles handle fatigue. Do not use if your kidneys aren't tip top.
I will edit this post as i learn new information.
I am comparing the brain to a leaky bucket of water. Need to fill the bucket faster than the water leaks out. Reduce plaques faster than they can re-form and at the same time, grow new neurons faster than they can die off. There we have it! The reversal process right there. However, it may be a never ending process until some sort of gene therapy comes along.
thank you for your thoughts and feedback. I may modify the plan as I learn new things, but this is where I am so far. My final disclaimer - do not take my advice because I am not a doctor. Does that get me off the hook from ever getting sued?