Maybe Im crazy, maybe Im a genius, but here goes. Based on my personal research, I have developed an action plan for myself. Follow along if you want to, but beware, I am not a physician. I welcome any input from my friends up here. Im not putting down the doses, this will vary based on numerous factors such as body mass, severity of disease, how crazy you are, etc...not saying anyone else should do this but we should all always BEWARE OF INTERACTIONS IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY TAKING SUPPLEMENTS AND Rx MEDS PLEASE!!
1. Mannitol - to reduce the burden of sticky misfolded alpha synuclean plaque buildup in the brain. (edit 5/19/2018 ) - not sure how much of it gets into the actual brain. May reduce peripheral A-synuclean plaques, as shown by improved sense of smell.
2. PQQ - to prevent future misfolds of alpha synuclean. Also to regenerate mitochodria in cells. (edit 11/12/2017 Adding CoQ-10 to my PQQ)
3. Turmeric / curcumin - increases Glutathione, reduces alpha synuclean burden, reduces inflammation and pain.
4. Whey Protein Isolate - increases Glutathione and precursor amino acids.
5. Vitamin C high doses - powerful antioxidant.
6. EGCG - taken with Mucuna, helps get the L-Dopa across the blood brain barrier by preventing metabolism peripherally, like Carbidopa but without the side effects.
7. Vigorous aerobic exercise -as much as possible. walking, swimming, biking, eliptical machine - key to Neuroplasticity
8. NAC - increases Glutathione, ongoing studies indicate may reverse PD.
9. Isradipine - calcium channel blocker currently in phase III trial for PD neuroprotection, may slow the death of neurons. (Update 8/2018 i no longer take this)
10. Hypnosis - I tried this and it helped so much, Im not kidding. There is a case study on the web, heres the link ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/234...
12. Chiropractic care. (I stopped going. Not sure how much good this is unless you have a good dr)
13. High doses of good quality fish oil.
14. Ketogenic diet (edit 11/12/2017 Recommend Organic Nutrition, decreases toxic burden) with intermittent fasting)
15. Dr Marty Hinz's Amino Acid protocol. Been on it a short time and feel better.(5-HTP, Cysteine and Mucuna, plus vitamin and mineral co-factors)
16. Creatine - helps muscles handle fatigue. Do not use if your kidneys aren't tip top.
18. L-Taurine (expensive so i no longer take)
19. Low dose lithium. May increase BDNF. Certainly reduces brain fog)
I will edit this post as i learn new information.
I am comparing the brain to a leaky bucket of water. Need to fill the bucket faster than the water leaks out. Reduce plaques faster than they can re-form and at the same time, grow new neurons faster than they can die off. There we have it! The reversal process right there. However, it may be a never ending process until some sort of gene therapy comes along.
Google search each one and add "parkinsons" to the word you are searching to see some research and studies.
thank you for your thoughts and feedback. I may modify the plan as I learn new things, but this is where I am so far. My final disclaimer - do not take my advice because I am not a doctor. Does that get me off the hook from ever getting sued?