For those of you who take mucuna, I'm starting mucuna and have questions. I have taken no pharmaceuticals yet for PD, although I do take antidepressants. My symptoms are relatively mild but tremor has gotten worse and is beginning to bother.
There's a lot of partial answers around this site and I'm hoping that getting some updated and more complete answers can help as a reference for me and others looking for this information.
1. Is mucuna best taken on an empty stomach? Is it ok to take with food if no protein is in the meal? If it causes you stomach upset what do you do about that?
2. I see some people recommend taking other supplements with mucuna (5htp, l-tyrosine, etc). Others seem to take it alone. What do you take, why, how much and how (together or separate from mucuna)?
3. Have you experienced side effects?
4. What brands have worked for you? Do you find capsules or powder to work better? Any suggestions for organic brands?
5. If you have been doing the Heinz protocol, how has it worked for you and would you recommend?
6. If you have taken only mucuna w/o sinemet, how has that worked for you?
Many thanks in advance for your answers.