Syndopa Plus or Syncapone 150?

My father is suffering from Parkinson from last 8 years. It is gradually increasing. Initially there was only stiffness in limbs and slow movement but now he has tremors also. Earlier he was taking Syndopa (125mg) (5 times a day) with Ropark (2mg) (3 times a day) but medicine used to take one hour to work and its effect stays hardly for 1 hour and Now Doctor suggested to take Syncapone(150 mg) instead of syndopa. He feels more restlessness and uneasiness throughout the day and it increase after taking medicine. Can anyone please tell if its because of Syncapone?? I asked doctor he said both medicines are same. Since he is taking syndopa from long time so He has changed it. Which is better Syndopa or Syncapone?? Ropark is better than Syndopa/Syncapone???

Thanks in advance!!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • There is no answer to which is better. They are all good or bad depending on the person.

I take a combination of Syndopa , carbidopa levodopa, and Ropark. They cause side effects but for me very little.

One thing that your father must do is exercise. He can not control his Parkinson's without it.

i turned my Parkinson's around after 9 years with the meds i take and with exercise and i believe your father can too.

• Thanks for your reply. Did you also take Entacapone ?? Did you try some ayurvedic or Yoga? Is it helpful?

• yes i took Entacapone did not work for me.

• NEHA , ARE YOU FROM INDIA? THERE IS SOME HOPE ,

• Yeah..I am from India.. What hope?

• I AM BASED IN HALDIA, AND MY email is subhra7gupta@gmail.com, IHAVE ACHIEVED SOME SUCCESS, PLEASE INFORM THE DETAILS OF YOUR FATHER.

You may also like...