I was very saddened by this past weekend. I was in so much pain in my back (pain is a symptom of my Parkinson's) I had to use a wheelchair to get into the ER. I had to be treated in the wheelchair as I could not lay down on the gurney. After some morphine and later a hydrocodone..felt reasonably well.
Mayo Clinic - "Hip pain can sometimes be caused by diseases and conditions in other areas of your body, such as your lower back. This type of pain is called referred pain."
Tuesday of next week is an appointment with orthopedic doctor about my hip. The following results cannot be confirmed until then or after further tests.
1. Several years ago after an MRI, it was discovered that I had a compressed disc.
2. Several months ago my hip began hurting severely.
3. I saw my first ortho doc who xrayed my hip and found no problem with the hip joint. He prescribed pain med. After a pain medication route saw no success:
4. I returned to my family doctor and he suggested I make app with ortho again.
5. Today I found myself unable to rise out of the cushioned chair in my living room per the painful hip. My wife and adult son were with me and we began discussing my condition and trying to determine the cause of this pain. The pain would come several times a day. I was growing concerned what to do if I had to doo or go to bed and could not rise out of the chair.
6. Finally my son suggested I curve my spine forward by bending my torso forward. As I did I lifted myself out of the chair without the slightest pain.
Lesson: Be your own patient advocate.