Greetings, y'all. Here's the pickle I'm in: My neurologist said my DaTscan shows an 80 percent likelihood of PD and 20 percent of something they can't figure out. I'm stuck in limbo over here, as I'm a poor candidate for any of the meds or even trials aimed at PD. I wanted to try inosine, but she said that has worked only for people with 100 percent PD. She said I should be glad, but I find this depressing as hell.
She says some of my symptoms are not indicative of PD: the abnormality in my noggin is all on the right side, and my shaking is also on the right side. Apparently with PD, abnormality on one side of the brain leads to problems on the opposite side of the body. Also, the PD meds backfired when I tried them (Sinemet, Artane, I forget what all). Same thing when I tried neurontin and lyrica. I feel completely hopeless.
If I didn't have to walk the dog I'm afraid I wouldn't get out of bed. That won't do. I enrolled in a master of fine arts program at the university and I can't be lying about but it's a bigger battle every day.
Advice, brainiacs? Have you heard of this mixed-diagnosis before?