Poem 4 - DBS - 1 procedure down and 2 to go

Poem 4

The day began before dawn but it wasn’t too bad, I want all to know.

I can report - That’s one procedure down but still two more to go.

By 9:00 AM I had a few extra holes in the top of my almost bald head.

And by Noon, I was home comfy under the covers in my very own bed.

The second procedure I’m approaching with a good dose of anxiety and fear.

It is hours long and I am awake some of the time so I can respond, or so I hear.

While in the OR, I’m part of a study on motor skills and the affected brain part

It’s a computer game,the kind where kids excel,a tutorial they insist,before I start.

After I told them my 5 year old grandson’s remark, on them I cast no blame,

To quote, “MeMe, you are the WURST, not in real life but at this game.”

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Aren't grandkids comments the best.

Thanks for sharing.

• They are my life's blood, and keep my heart beating. especially when they have driven me over the edge. then, 15 minutes after they leave I miss them so much....

• I was talking to my 3 yr old granddaughter telling her how much I miss her. She told me to pretend she was here and then I wouldn't be so sad. :)

• Grandchildren almost make it worthwhile having children!! I have two grandaughters, who are cousins with a further addition due in July. Can't wait.

Whatever we go through, they are the light at the end of the tunnel and give us courage to face another day.

• When I asked my granddaughter what she wanted for lunch she said "well I don't know because 1/2 of me is vegitarian, & the other 1/2 is human". Then she said "I think I'm part cat too but I am NOT that part of the cat that goes bleaaah, bleaaah!"

You may also like...