Monday, the start of the new week and for me a 4pm visit to my consultant, and a new one two boot! The appointment is slightly longer than normal I am told, this is so they can give me a good once over and no doubt tell me what's on the slide. They wont need to as I can easily tell them. I am very clear about my condition. It is 1. Incurable 2. Degenerative 3. Could turn my brain into something as useful as a pile of jelly, with the memory recall of an gnat. Oh this is not jolly hockey sticks bravado, this is my take on reality. My reality. The appointment, however long it is, won't be long enough, for I have a mighty list for the agenda. I am going to make a point of making sure I get across the most important things about my experience living with PD.
1. I rise above it everyday and believe me that isn't always so easy when you cannot fasten your own bra, when cleaning your teeth becomes a battle of repetitive movement, choosing my clothes takes 45 minutes of indecisive destroying of the wardrobe and the nausea is crushed by marmite.
2. That drumming saves me all the time, and I may well take my kit in the car, darn fine idea
3. That I am energised, busy, enthusiastic, fulfilled, have ambition, 'win' something everyday.
4. My life is full up with so many diverse and wonderful things that I often clean forget
5. The impact whilst hit like a tsunami, was simply that, one giant wave that went. I picked up the pieces and moved on
and I could go on and on and on...
Its simple, PD is about my focus on my wellness. I'll let them focus on my illness, after all, it is their job.