Tremor makes shaving difficult-what is the best razor to use?

My tremor is such that I cut myself shaving virtually every day. Currently, I use a Bic 'sensitive' wet razor, but have been considering changing to an electric/battery razor. I have been here before, but found shaving and cleaning the razor rather difficult too. I would be grateful for any advice on what shaver to use when you have a tremor, including ease of cleaning, if electric.

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Go. Electric I had to ..

• Thank you Anthony,

Regards

Norton

• Hubby used an electric shaver or I would shave him. He finally ended up growing a beard.

• Thank you wifeofparky,

Will probably settle for an electric shaver; don't think my wife is as tolerant as you regarding me growing a beard!

Regards

Norton

• I cut myself shaving this morning. I use a razor only at certain times; otherwise I am using an electric shaver.

~~~Dennis

• Thank you Dennis. Yes, shaving is a pain. I frequently use a styptic stick. I have eventhought of using 'Veet' but have you seen the reviews on Amazon?

Regards

Norton

• I use a Braun shaver. It has a self cleaning system and works well.

• Thank you Mikehere, it looks as though I should consider a Braun.

Regards

Norton

• I use a Braun electric. It was recommended by the repair shop when I brought my floating head Panasonic in. After 7 years; I would have to say it was a very good recommendation. It says not to clean with water, but I do every day and it still works great after 5 years of using water.

• Thank you Wayne,

I like the idea of using water to clean the shaver head with.

Regards

Norton

• My hubby uses a Braun, only shaves with a blade on special occasions. He uses nick-relief when he cuts himself. Sometimes I help by telling where he missed a spot, (I tell him the razor didn't work there) or help shave him on the hard spots.

• Thank you cjsg,

There is no doubt that Braun electic razors come highly recommended judging by the response on here. I find myself increasingly having to use a nick relief stick, so now is the time to buy myself Braun shaver.

Kind regards

Norton

• I agree that an electric is probably the way to go, but I love shaving with a sharp blade over my Carotid artery, It wakes me up!

So,I use an organic hair conditioner as a slippery preshave then a frothy Body Shop warm shaving cream for extra glide. Then I take baby strokes and double check my face in my wife's magnifying mirror for places the razor didn't see...

• Hello DeParkiePoet,

You sure have an interesting way to get a close shave. Currently, I do use a mixture of oil and water for a wet shave, but I'm afraid my tremor is such that I need to go electric. Thank you for the suggestion anyway.

Regards

Norton

• Yes, electric is the way to go, although since DBS, I have regained some fine motor skill. I don't feel as though I'm going to cut my head off now.

• Hello JHLambert,

Thank you for the confirmation re electric shavers. I am especially pleased that you have regained some fine motor skill after your DBS operation; long may you continue to improve.

Regards

Norton

• Give Karmin a try.

You may also like...