Pain Concern
23,461 members7,934 posts

Does anyone take co codamol and tramadol together

does anyone take co codamol and tramadol together?

26 Replies
oldestnewest

Yeah that’s what I take amount other things lol but they are fine to take together

1 like

So when i have my medicine review i can ask him out right to give me tramadol on top of my repeat for cocdamol?

I dont mean to seem demanding but this gp is the one ive seen so many times for thia pain once i explain rhuemy sending him a letter i think he’ll

Be shocked at mri results cuz he kept saying it was vitamin d jan 2017 till now still lol

Well my doctor has given me both I’ve been on both for years, if your gp says no then ask your pain doctor or consultant to write him a letter to tell your gp to

Are you on repeat for both or have to keep going back and asking for it

I’m on repeat for everything I take every two weeks delivered to my house.

I take 8 tramadol 8 cocodamol morphine, oramorph and clozepam everyday . Hope this helps

1 like

And you havent been given results for your MRI!😡 so annoying how on earth dont they move themseleves more xx

I’m on my 3rd MRI but yes 5 weeks later about to go on 6 I still don’t have my results lol it’s a joke or even an appointment to see them. My whole life is just on hold.

What pain relief are you on atm? X

1 like

Cocodamol 30/500 x2 tabs 4 times a day and amitrptaline 50mg at night for nerve pain, and thats it as i have high bp cant have inruproen or narproxen x

He seems to think hes given me gold but they still dont do much

Oh god, I hate amatriptaline it’s awful but I don’t get on with nerve painkillers. However if your really in that much pain and not able to do anything then you need to ask for better pain relief. Tramadol and cocodamol do work well together to help pain, doctors don’t like giving dihydrocodine and tramadol but cocodamol and tramadol is fine x

Haha thank you ill keep

You posted Thursdaybet he says no the twat

Most GPS nowadays have no clue what they are even doing and can’t treat a simple cold let alone anything thing that’s what there is so much pressure on consultants and pain clinics. My pain doctor had to tell my GP what to do because he didn’t have a clue.

I mean tramadol on the whole isn’t a great drug and if he could offer you something similar then take it , have you taken tramadol before? X

1 like

No never, just want something that will actually help more, it took forever to even get them, cant wait till the gp sees consultants report of the 3 things wrong been seeing him for all my pain since jan 17 regular and he did up and put cocdamol on repeat so im thankfull for that and he did start me on amitrptaline but im still needing x4 doses of cocodamol a day and also ibruprofen but that sends my bp high so cant win a lady sugested codrydamol which theybsaid is stronger than cocdamol so will mention that advice when i see him in the moring

Personally I don’t find it stronger than cocodamol but you might so definitely try it.

The thing with tramadol is is either is ok for you to take or really not , the side affects you can get can be awful, some people get them some don’t. Just be aware of that x

Thats the thing i dont want to swap from cocdamol as i dont have any bad things on that and fianlly after 4 years got it double to last a

Month and on repeat so dont wanna drop that to try others and be fooked and worse off, just something to add for when its bad x

Reading up i think i might try for tramadol, even some For when its just too much. Even just walking uostairs or washing the dogs in the bath kills me all my back feels like its tearing apart x

Yeah you can’t hav both cocodamol and codydramol at the same time. Tramadol might not take the pain away but yeah it doesn’t hurt to ask for it or at least get something on top of what your taking

Try asking for a different painkiller

Hi, hes told me to stay on cocdamol x4 doses a day and swapped amytriotline 50mg for gabapentin srating 300mg today, 600mg tomorrow and day 3 900mg (all sperate 300mg doses i mean not big amounts in one go x

Hi I am on both, but you cannot take at the same time. This has been repeated to me by various GPS over the years. You just take them at different times. I find that Tramadol,keeps me awake at night. So take co-codamol at night, or when I don’t want to keep taking tramadol, otherwise they won’t work very well as you get used to them. Pharmacist can always answer your questions and actually know more than GPS about meds.

1 like

Hi, hes told me to stay on cocdamol x4 doses a day and swapped amytriotline 50mg for gabapentin srating 300mg today, 600mg tomorrow and day 3 900mg (all sperate 300mg doses i mean not big amounts in one go x No to tamadol as gabapentin and. Cocdamol are sleepy ones

Sorry walking home from docs spellings are a mess

Hi. I have been on tramadol and co codamol, with amitriptyline for about 6 years. They do go together but the downside is that they are technically the same opiuant. I have had to come of tramadol because of the new law you are not allowed to drive while taking tramadol. It's thousand pound fine and loss of licence. I have been put on naproxen and still taking co codamol which seems to be ok. You might suffer with head, eye pain while taking tramadol and co codamol because it's basically an opium overdose. Hope all is well.

1 like

Hi, gp told me this morning to stay on cocdamol x4 doses a day and swapped amitriptaline 50mg for gabapentin starting 300mg today, 600mg tomorrow and day 3 900mg (all sperate 300mg doses i mean not big amounts in one go x No to tamadol as gabapentin and. Cocdamol are sleepy ones and with tramadol id be out of it which i dont want

It's a hard think because people respond to tablets differently. I cannot use diazepam it knocked me out for hours lol. I use amitriptyline at night as it helps me drift off to sleep. Anyway I hope it works out for you and gives you a slightly better life.

1 like

Hi Cookie, sorry you're struggling to get relief and I'm guessing it's your back causing the problem? In my experience (25 yrs and 4 spine ops) I would avoid anything with codeine like the plague! Codeine makes your bowel sluggish and this will increase your back pain. If your bowel isn't moving easily this will put a strain on any tender area of your back and equally, if you have to strain to 'go' this will strain your back muscles.

Tramadol is a good pain reliever on its own and I used it for years before my last op with no side effects, but I appear to have been lucky there.

I now have a morphine patch and Tapentadol for break-through pain. I take a Movicol sachet every morning to keep things 'moving' and notice an immediate increase in the ache in my back if I don't. Just my thoughts for info. Good luck x

You may also like...