26 and Cant cope with this hip pain much more

Hi I'm new to this so not really sure what to say. I'm a 26 year old mum, ive been diagnosed with a deformity on my left hip, and for the last year and half have mostly been bedridden. I'm on slow releasing morphine tramadol and cocodamol everyday with little effect to my pain, I cant get around or leave the house anymore except for important appointments and yet I feel like my condition and myself arent being treated with the care and compassion I deserve. i keep getting past around from person to person without much actual help and its ruining mine and my child life. Does anyone else suffer from this and give me hints or tips just anything to help as i really cant bare this much longer and I'm robbing my child of the childhood he derserves by being like this.

I need help

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello bexamyand you are welcome aboard.

Members here help and support where they can using their own experiences. You can post a question, tell us some good news or hve a rant. No one will judge you.

Sounds painful. I am a little bit older and awaiting a hip replacement but due to my disability will still cause problems.

Sometimes we feel alone and no one in the medical profession is helping us. Has you GP suggested a referral to the pain clinic?

x

Hi thanks for the reply, i was referred again last year had steroid injections but my body rejected them very badly and ive been referred back to someone else now still waiting to hear 3 months later. Its just so frustrating not being in control of what happens to me and my body

Sadly GPs refer more and more people to the pain clinics so waiting lists grow ever longer.

OK little advice I learned donkeys ago.

Try what you can do not what you can't. You have a youngster and can't play jumping, climbing or running. But so many other things you can do. I don't know what they are but you will!.

Go back to your GP and tell him you aren't getting any relief but remember...any relief you do get doesn't mean you can go bak to what you used to do.

Hopefully with some pain relief you can get out of bed at least. How does he get to school? Or who feeds him?

Hoping this helps

x

I don't get relief at all anymore from anything. Well I obviously do a lot of activities with him daily I mean I wish I could do things outside the house etc just even going to the park. Hes fully taken care off I have help from fmily members as much as possible. I just want a solution to a little bit of relief just to go about normally day to day things I even miss hovering lol x

I'm in the same boat. I've got bilateral cam hip impingement. I feel more pain in my left side and omg it's not good. The drugs work a little but not enough. And spoke with surgeon and he said it's not an operation they like to do as sometimes you come off worse. I'm only 32 with 3kiddies but wife can't do this forever. The depression I have is not under control yet but working on it with meds and councillor I also find this forum helps too.

how do you cope? I thought about anti depressants but to be honest I'm not depressed just angry and missing my old life able to do things lol. I read about this programme in America that helps athletes with this condition regain strength etc but its quite an expensive programme and not sure how much it would help me.

Hi bexamy I'm really sorry this is happening to u this sounds actually horrible for you. I went online just to get more information to give u ( u probably have done this many many times) but I didn't want to just ramble a lot of crap to you. Do most of the evidence and information does suggest surgery and I have to agree with it u need a to feel like a normal mum I totally get this I have 3 and I get the guilt pain and worry you must be feeling. I would definitely ask you go to be considered for surgery. This will improve you life by 99%. Spina bifida is what happens in children and this effects them too most have surgery with huge success. Please consider this as living like this is a waste to u both. I really hope u get sorted with GP and u and ur child have a normal happy life. Xxx

Aww thank you for looking that up. However every surgeon ive spoken to about this ( ive seen 3) hav said it wont help and most wont do the procedure on anyone as its not even got a 40% succsess rate especially as I live in a masionette with multiple stairways just in my part, and I wont risk being in more pain for such an awful rate. Ive spoken with many people who have had it and its made their lives so much worse xx

1 like

Well if u stay in a masionette with stairs ur first stop is going to Council get a medical form and apply for suitable house this is terrible u are staying here with so many stairs. Get doctors note if u have kept all ur letters from surgeons put them in with a list of medication u are taking. I get u can't get about u can request someone to come out and fill form out. Try this as I can not believe u have so many stairs and u will get a garden for ur child to be able to play in and u can get a proper chair to sit out with him this can change ur life. It does not matter if u are living in private let fill in as many forms for local council housing associations etc go to local mp office or phone then. You can even complete the form on phone with someone filling it in for u. I hope this helps xx

Thanks, ive already gone through all of that there isn't anywhere for me to move to with the council except THE WORST area around here or I would have to move to kent which I cant do as all my support is here, I also don't want to live in a council flat, I am in the process of trying to find somewhere new obviously but its very hard to get 6 months money together.

I have done all things like this ive done all the council etc things I'm meant to, I mean I need help with solutions from people who have had/have my condition in ways to live with it

Thank you though

Yeah get what u mean hope u get help and advice from people who have this xxx take care xxxx

1 like

you say you are diagnosed with a hip deformity? can you be more specific?

cam impingement

Did doc recommend surgical repair? That is the only way to correct impingement. The longer it goes untreated, the more inflammation it will cause, and that results in more pain.

You may also like...