Severe arthritis Personal Independence Claim assistance


Can anyone offer any advice about completing a successful personal independence claim form for someone suffering from severe arthritis in the back and knees, but still working?

Am in my 50's and use a walking stick, cant walk very far, really struggle getting in and out of a car (unable to sit in back seat as unable to bend my knees). Getting up I have to roll onto the floor on my hands and knees and then use my arms to push myself up on the chair

Thats just a few things, but any tips or advice (not websites please) would be much appreciated.


2 Replies

  • My best advice to you is Benefits & work they will help you fill in the form with a very high success rate yes it is on the web but please read.

    Jen xx

  • Also suggest web site (sorry) but look on CAB web site. Also try to get them involved with completing the form. I had to struggle to get them to assist me but was worth the effort, especially if in the end I get the benefit!

    Remember when completing the form. It is NOT the condition itself but how YOU are affected. Best of luck.

You may also like...