Gallbladder polyps

I went to the ER this morning with stomach pain that was radiating to my back. After an ultrasound, the ER doctor said I had gallbladder polyps and has ordered a Hida Scan that will be done on Friday. Has anyone else dealt with these polyps? Of course, I couldn't help myself and Googled gallbladder polyps only to discover they can be cancerous. I'm freaking out. I feel like if there are polyps, just go ahead and remove the gallbladder but I read where sometimes they just watch them. I have no idea if gallbladder issues and CLL are related or if having my gallbladder removed poses any kind of threat as far as my CLL goes. I plan on asking my Hematologist his opinion before I do anything but was just curious of any relatable experiences.

Last edited by

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this and I hope other patients chime in about their experience!

How are you feeling now? Any news from your hematologist?

• My Hematologist said to go ahead with the scan. I'm feeling better, still have some back pain that I think is related to gallbladder. I see my family doctor Tuesday so I'm hoping she refers me to a surgeon.