My Ovacome
11,217 members13,609 posts

Not working

I’m sorry about this post but to say i’m devastated is an understatement. I have just returned from meeting with my onc, have been feeling great was expecting to start Olaparib and I feel as if I’ve had the stuffing knocked out of me. I had a scan on Thursday and the tumour has grown, the Carbo stopped working. I now have to decide if I want to start Caelyx. I know what I have to do but the thought of more chemo fills me with dread. God I hate cancer. As you can tell it’s all very raw and I know given a few hours I will make the decision and get on with it, as we all do on this forum. I know we’re all in the same boat and it’s nice to know that I can have a rant and you will all understand. Love to everyone xxx

19 Replies
oldestnewest

Oh it is monstrous isn’t it. This is the best place to rant because we are all in this together. I’m sure you’ll make the right decision for you.

Best wishes, Ali x

1 like

Thankyou xx

It is so bloody awful isn't it. I reoccured last Sept and felt really sad strangely enough not devasted but deeply sad. Went on caelyx and I was very lucky to have had few side effects and it worked went into remission I am on watch and wait at the moment but feeling good. Chris

3 likes

Thankyou for your reply. I think I was just in deep shock, don’t know why, we should always expect the unexpected. I always try and be upbeat and this time won’t be any different. I’ll just get on with it and hope there are some good times on the way. I’m glad it worked for you and I hope you continue to feel well xxx

So sorry you had some bad news. Had the same myself a couple of months ago but had a good old cry, rant and rave and just hoisted up the big girl drawers and started on the carbo/caelyx. It was Avastin not working for me. Such a shame. Scan next week with results so scaredy cat days looming again but we just get on with it - I do anyway - and live life to the full whilst we still have it. So don't worry, something positive will happen but having emotions is important to let it all out. Good luck. xxx

3 likes

I’ll pull up my big girl drawers and do what I do best just like you. There’s no point in worrying, there’s always hope so we plod on. I hope you get good results from your scan, i’ll cross everything. Good luck xxx

2 likes

Hi lovely,

Everyone appears to be reoccurring lately! It must be something in the water. My special person is on watch and wait at the moment it’ll probably be decided if she’s going back on chemo next week or if she can win another month of watch and wait, statistics aren’t looking bright she’s been in hospital the past couple of months at the end of the month with bowel problems she nearly ended up there at the end of June!

We’re all here for each other so If you need a chat or rant come on and let us know xxx

I will Thankyou xxxx

you rant we listen hun hugs to you xxxxxxxx

3 likes

Hope the new chemo does its job - it does get harder to pick yourself up from every blow - thinking of you x

1 like

Have you considered a second opinion? It maybe that other drugs / trials might be an option or even a treatment break for a while.

All the best.

2 likes

It's hard to hear that chemo isn't working. Apparently mine isn't doing much good either, if I believe my ca125... but for low grade OC that's not that unexpected.

Just maybe get a second opinion and see what your options are. Is caelyx the only thing offered? If yes, you might give it a try. Or maybe there's a trial available.

Xx. Maus

1 like

Hi there, I'm in a situation similar to you. After a weekly round of Carboplatin/Taxipaxol my 1st scan showed that there was no shrinkage so I'm now on my 3rd cycle of Carboplatin/Caelyx and have been feeling really well, as on the last regime I was very tired and my red and white blood cells and potassium were low. My scan is due in 3 weeks and I'm hoping for good results as I do feel so well, still waiting for results of BRACA1 blood test but thought I'd share my experience with Caelyx/Carboplatin combo! Good luck and take care! Dawn!😀😀🌺🌺

Thankyou. I have got a faulty BRACA1 gene, I had the test five years go. I think it hit me hard as I have felt really well for the past few weeks but we all know anything can happen. I feel better this morning and now have the task of getting on with it. Good luck with your treatment and may we both get good results xxx

We certainly do understand. You rant all you want to. It takes time to let the news set in but when you start your next course you'll feel a bit better because you're doing all you can. Our lives are in the hands of our healers and we put all our faith in them and they work miracles.

I do hope all will be well for you. Zena xx

Thankyou. I think I was shocked yesterday as I felt so well. I felt a bit better when I had told my son, who lives in America. That’s always a hard conversation to have but now i’m ready to get started. We can only hope that we find something that halts it. I’ll keep trying. Good luck to you too xx

2 likes

So sorry to hear this. Do ask if there are other options for you or a 2nd opinion. You never know! Some women do well caelyx, others not so much. Don't suffer to much if you get bad side effects. Talk it through with your oncologist and maybe ask to lower dose? Or you may go well on it. I hope so. Sending hugs from Oz.

Your right we all dredge through, this disease is awful, your strong and you'll beat this. Prayers for you that the next drug will put you with no sign of disease. ❤❤Liz

Thankyou. Once I get started and find out what the side effects are i’ll Be fine. My local hospital isn’t licensed to give Caelyx so I have to go to Weston Park in Sheffield, but they are very good. Hopefully soon we’ll both be on a high and have good news. 😐👍💕

You may also like...