Hello, I am new here. I was diagnosed with Achalasia and recommended to have a Botox injection in the gullet. All prepped up for procedure, had a chat with a doctor and told him, although others seemed to view my condition as troublesome, I had said all along my symptoms were not severe. He seemed surprised and viewed it with a 'if it's not broken why fix it' attitude. Told me to to home and the hospital would get me back to review situation in six months! Previous doctors had said I needed it in spite of my protest of being little troubled with the condition, the last doctor took the view the injection could be considered again in 6 months, hope I took the right decision to go along with the last doctor - he offered me a decision to go with previous advice or not and I chose to wait for 6 months.