Help: When I was about 6 me and my brother were... - OCD-UK

OCD-UK
3,095 members963 posts

Help

When I was about 6 me and my brother were pretending to have sex as we seen our parents do it and I’m scared it was rape we stil had close on and was just playing a game

13 Replies
oldestnewest

I don't think there's any cause for concern here. All it sounds like is kids playing a game copying their parents, without really knowing much about what they were doing.

I kinda new but didn’t understand as we were I just feel my brothers thinks I’m being stupid but I was rape so I get scared

It doesn't sound as though there was any harm in your playing games with your brother, but if you've been raped elsewhere then you may benefit from some therapy. Perhaps go to your doctor, or get in touch with a Rape Crisis Centre, who can give you support, sympathy and practical help.

Iv had help but I feel quilty even if I didn’t do nothing wrong

I think I orgasmed I don’t even no

No one asks to be raped. The only person to blame is the rapist. Often people who have been raped have doubts in their minds, and wonder if they did something to provoke it. They didn't. In no circumstances is anyone at fault for having been raped.

Of course you know that. But our minds can still plays tricks with us, and a traumatic experience like rape can leave the victim with feelings of guilt or shame, although they know that they are completely innocent.

These feelings of guilt or shame can then attach themselves to things in your past, like a childhood game where no harm was meant or done.

Don't be afraid of getting further help. It's not an easy thing to get over having been raped, and you may have some PTSD. Do post here as much as you like, and we'll try to help, with sympathy or something more practical.

1 like

I do have ptsd I was scared orgasmed while playing the game I feel really quilty even though I haven’t done nothing wrong even my brother says your so stupid it was just game we were young and didn’t no what it was

Try not to ruminate about playing a game that my guess is a lot of children have played. I know that knowing you did nothing wrong is different to feeling it, but really, there was no harm done.

Children do play this sort of game, copying adults. It's part of the learning process. It's perfectly normal.

It might be worth getting a self help book that could help you to deal with PTSD. There are a couple I could mention that I've heard of, Overcoming Traumatic Stress and The PTSD Workbook, and though I can't vouch for them as I haven't read them, they are both part of very good series of self help books so I should think they would be reliable.

Please don't continue to beat yourself up about something that you did when you were a child. It's part of normal childhood behaviour and nothing to worry about.

I mm trying not to but my brain always finds something to pic about i juts feel so quilty and like it was wrong

I really think you need more therapy for PTSD. Then the feelings of guilt will recede and you will realize that you did nothing wrong.

Children do experiment with what they have watched adults do. It's just being a child, and a normal child.

Iam still doing it but it doesn’t help because I don’t like the person who does it wiht me

That's a pity, and quite a tricky one to navigate. But a therapist you get on with and trust is essential. Perhaps talk to the people in charge and explain and get assigned to another therapist.

Its honestly bring me down so low

You may also like...