OCD-UK

I notice everything I feel

So lately I’ve been noticing every little thing I feel again & I really hate it! I try to get my mind off of whatever I’m feeling and I just can’t, at night it seems to be the hardest because I’m just laying in bed on my phone or just spacing out. Lately I’ve been hating the way my teeth feel they just feel stiff (maybe from grinding them) but I refuse to wear a night guard because I’m scared I would choke or something but has anyone else felt this way and I also get a weird feeling in the back of my neck it just feels tingly & an odd sensation. IS THIS NORMAL!?

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Are you on any medications? I know when I was on meds I would get a lot of weird sensations that I felt like I couldn’t get away from that were really agitating. If you’re seeing a doc mention this to them. But not being on meds now I still experience this sometimes when my anxiety is really high. Teeth uncomfortable from clenching/ grinding in my sleep. I notice when I’m doing better / doing more relaxation practices before sleep time it helps. Anxiety can make you feel SO many uncomfortable things. Sometimes I’ll be really anxious trying to sleep and I’ll feel like my tongue just CANNOT fit comfortable in my mouth. And that makes no sense right? I think you’re okay sugar. I’m sorry that this is bothering you so much! But you’re not alone.

1 like

Yes I’m on meds and I have discussed with them that I feel lots of different things.

Well I’m sorry that I can’t help you make it go away but I do believe that it’s normal and it won’t last forever!

1 like

Thank u

There is certainly something called, I think, Health OCD, where you are continually monitoring your health and checking for symptoms, and some people insist on being tested repeatedly for conditions they haven't got. Of course OCD is well known for making people notice things most people don't pay much attention to, and this can include every momentary minor pain, itch or other symptom. So I'm sure this is just another part of OCD. There may be some literature about this particularly kind of OCD, but the usual sort of rules apply. Try to focus on other things, don't constantly demand reassurance, and remember that odd pains, stiffness, what-have'yous are things everyone gets and usually nothing to worry about. And resist the temptation to google health website for them.

1 like

Anxiety originated in the nervous system. It oversensitizes your nerves. That is why you feel things so easily.

1 like

Thanks for letting me know this!

You may also like...