Back to meds 😣

Eee well I started my day so well and as positive and as calm as I could be. Went to Holland barretts got some vitamins then went to Waterstones to find a nice uplifting book!! .... picked "the secret" up don' no if anyone familiar with these books, so I turn a couple of pages and see a quote "you are your thoughts, so choose wisely" I got so upset and just left the metro centre and my anxiety has been through roof since reading this I cant get the phrase out my head. Went to docs as I had appoint, Iam back on meds,venlafaxine if anyone is familiar with this it is an Snri any feed back would be appreciated xxx

9 Replies
oldest • newest

Oh I know exactly what you mean, must be nice to be the writer who can think straight forward without intrusion. Ive seen quotes like be careful what you think too, so frustrating. Is that med effexor? I think it is so i saw some hope when i was on it but i get jerked around so much by docs that now im coming off it and was given wellbutrin im too scared to even try it. Hope thats of some help ♡

1 like

Don't be afraid to try it, i was actually given that in the hospital. I promise, dont be afraid and this coming from someone who is afraid to take aspirin at this point

1 like

I had one last night, feel a hungover and shakey but will stick to it for abit see how I go x thankyou xx aww u should try it I've heard a a lot of good things about that xxxx

1 like

Venlafaxine worked well for me for 14 years, then suddenly stopped working.

It didn’t take the thoughts away completely but put them to the back of my mind instead of the front which I could cope with.

Give them a try x

2 likes

Thankyou, I've had one last night and going to just have one for a while, feel a little bit hungover. Eee if I could get 14 yrs of thoughts in back of my head instead of front I will be so happy xxxx

1 like

I don't know about venlafaxine but will google it. I'm not sure about things like 'The Secret' which I don't think is worth the paper it's printed on. For a book when you're feeling down I prefer a favourite feel-good novel. A good one is 'The Enchanted April' by Elizabeth von Arnim. It's not too demanding if you're not feeling up to much, it's funny and cheers me up anyway! The phrase you mention from 'The Secret' is silly and not to be taken seriously. Everyone has daft or random thoughts, and they are not those thoughts, and we don't always choose what thoughts pop into our heads!

2 likes

Just googled venlafaxine and found out it is an SNRI, which is a serotonin norepiniphrine reuptake inhibitor. I know, I know! It's hard even to pronounce! But I think it's similar to an SSRI and may suit you better than the ones you have tried before. I hope it does anyway. Apparently it takes about 6 weeks to kick in which sounds like a lot when you are feeling awful. There can be side effects, but most wear off. x x x

It is. If you want to know more, here a superlink to many sites. I read that somewhere that it wasnt recommended because of some side effects and that SSRIs are better and safer. But you have a choice - if you feel better and no side effects, why not?

google.it/search?q=FDA+SNRI...

Be well. Maxs

HI. Venlafaxine I not fond of, I prefer SSRIs,, but if it works for you, thats good. Give it 21-18 days to work for OCD. Watch any side effects and report them your doc.

be good.

Maxs

You may also like...