Can not live like this anymore, unwanted sick thoughts that im afraid of saying out loud all day long. Lots of love to everyone suffering

The thoughts are there soon as i wake up until i go to bed. Unwanted sick sexual thoughts, that have attacked my son which is what bothers me most, ive had all kinds of crazy thoughts and fears related to saying things and harm ocd as well. Cant seem to get proper or compassionate help around here. Anyone in similar situation, feel like i dont know myself, will forget myself completely and that im too far gone to be helped. No concentration, bad memory, dont want to live like this anymore. Been diagnosed with a few things but ocd is the common theme, do ssris really help if taken long enough. Is there hope, im worried about my thoughts as I type. Does anyone elses thoughts come through as you want, you will, you are?? Im hopeless and horrified. Started out as only one sexual intrusive thought in question form when I would talk to people sometimes for about 4 yrs ago, then one day got more and more intense and started attacking my son and his friend which then threw me into a panic attack about what if I kill them so my mind has said, you are a killer, kill your family, you want your son to... i wont even say, random bad words in my head. I need help. Sick of living

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Oh bless you, you are really suffering but you are not alone.

I also have suffered from intrusive thoughts most of my life. They are only thoughts and remember you will NEVER EVER act on them.

It has taken me all these years to accept this and they are now subsiding and a lot is thanks to this website.

If you need to private message me then I am on here daily with an ear. ❤️

3 likes

I can not thank you enough, im barely hanging on to life here. I forgot to mention, i also repeat 3 safe words in my head all day, they are pretty much automatic. Was on effexor for 5 weeks, pysychiatric insisted its JUST severe ocd but he was very rude and i could not go back. My ocd even imagines me saying things before I go places, im feel like im going to say a particular sick thought to my husband all day. I feel crazy, my mind has me so confused I argue with myself. I cant be present in life or plan, concentrate, remember anything except my ocd. Ive had brain scans. I felt a little bit better on effexor, except horrible headaches, at times I felt like maybe there was hope, but now I have no meds because a nurse practioner changed my disgnoses to bipolar and wanted me to latuda. Ugh sorry so long. I just dont feel real anymore, the worst of this started in july one day, out of the blue. I also smell phantom smells, mainly a burning type smell now for a while, along with pins and needles, crawling sensation. I can't even keep track of it all. Does this sound like just ocd??

Everything you are experiencing are anxiety related and you need to go see another doctor who is more sympathetic and get some more medication.

I found Effexor worked well for me and 5 weeks is not long enough to help your symptoms.

1 like

That is so encouraging to hear, thankyou ❤ I told the nurse I atleast felt hope, and at times could concentrate, she said well maybe the effexor didnt reach a therapeutic level but said she wont prescribe anything until next week after dna swabs come back. I have some beads here because at times I had to lessen the dose because of headaches

Hi. I experience the same thing also. You ate not alone.

Really?! I've never heard anyone say that before and im sorry that you do but I can't believe im not alone. Thank you so much for letting me know, you can message me anytime

Yes, it’s quiet common. I’ve read a lot of sites online about people who have this. And studies show that even “normal” people have these thoughts from time to time but they can dismiss them faster than us with anxiety. I’ve talked to my friends without anxiety and they also have this. My sister is a doctor and she also told me that this thoughts are normal. Anxious tend to latch on them more.

1 like

Please keep us informed on your progress and good luck. 🤞

1 like

Thankyou. Im sure I'll be on here everyday ❤ and good luck to you as well

1 like

awww I really really feel for you. Your doing so so well how olds your son? just think if you were this type of person you would of done it already... and you haven't because you are not this type of person at all it's just your anxious brain talking trying to scare you, but anxiety protects ourselves and others in real situations, I've learnt us people with ocd are ten times more safe because we'e went over and over our worst fears and I bet u have at least 10 escape routes if u ever got to point were u were going to act (which u won't) I really feel for you when I started reading others stories the ones I felt most for was people who's weres unwanted sexual thoughts, I was abused when I was 9yrs old and Iam suprised mine don't revolve round this sort of thing x mine are that Iam a murderer and I will loose my sanity and harm my beautiful baby x if you ever want to private message me Iam always hear. sending hugs xx

3 likes

These symptoms do sound like OCD! The fact that these thoughts are so disturbing to you is proof that you wouldn't act on them! And it is common with OCD to imagine yourself saying something outrageous that you really wouldn't say.

Many of us have been in a state so severe that we have hardly been functioning, but have come back out of it, and though OCD doesn't go away altogether, it can be managed and kept at bay. Many people, me included, have found SSRIs helpful, particularly in combination with CBT. I also take a 5mg dose of aripiprazole which helps the sertraline work more effectively. Believe that you can get better, because you can!

These kinds of thoughts are common and in people with OCD they become horrifying and intrusive, but you are not going to act on them. Do try a self help book like Overcoming OCD which can assure you of this, as well as give you some exercises to alleviate your symptoms.

2 likes

I really appreciate your encouraging words but I feel absolutely hopeless, do you mind if I private message you?

1 like

If it's me you mean, then please do!

1 like

Yes, it's you thank you very much. I sure will soon after my counselor visits

You may also like...