You may know that I was deeply unhappy about a rather ill considered decision by my RA doctor to withdraw all my treatments from January. I was taken aback, unable to respond properly because my father had just died and I wasnt feeling very real. ANyway things have taken a bit of time (partly because the hospital took 20+ days to write the clinic letter) but my GP wrote to ask for a new appointment and it has just arrived - for very early January.
I've been assembling arguments, trying to think behind the decision as objectively as I can because obviously if treatment could be improved then that should be done. But I have heard rather unsettling information about the doctor who made this decision, and this new appointment may make it possible for me to reopen the whole issue of my treatment.
Just thought you might all take cheer from this. I got the senior GP to take up this case and although he was very professional about it, I suspect he may be rather disturbed by my treatment. If we hadnt got to where we are now, I was going to use the information provided by NRAS to go further via a patient complaint or even to use my MSP (I'm in Scotland). So I have two months of stability I hope - before looking at what changes if any will come to my treatment.
PS. NRAS were amazing in getting me advice