Are you sure you’ve got enough?!🤨😡: People won’t... - NRAS

NRAS

29,617 members35,409 posts

Are you sure you’ve got enough?!🤨😡

Neonkittie17
Neonkittie17

People won’t change .. their selfishness makes me feel sick tbh. This is exactly what my OH described back in April but it was a couple who must have had a dozen packs of 24 rolls each. Not necessary. Unless they eat and drink so much food they are on the loo all the time or have a real medical condition.

86 Replies
oldestnewest

It is ridiculous the they are stock piling. xx

Neonkittie17
Neonkittie17 in reply to sylvi

I’m absolutely disgusted but totally expected it. 😡🙁xxx

Agreed x

Neonkittie17
Neonkittie17 in reply to allanah

Just imagine their outrage if they couldn’t get any toilet rolls or bread etc?! I imagine hotheads starting scuffles again. x

allanah
allanah in reply to Neonkittie17

It just makes others want to hoard. Theres been so little respect for helping each other this pandemic, masks, hoarding etc . It should be a time we all come together for the common good.

Neonkittie17
Neonkittie17 in reply to allanah

I wish people would be less all for themselves too.

Sops
Sops in reply to allanah

My grandchildren are diagnosed celiacs and mean people buy their food as a, its trendy,b.they can. It is actually harmful to people who do not need it. My daughter is struggling to buy gluten free food currently as it is being hoarded. Makes me really mad.

Sopsx

allanah
allanah in reply to Sops

Awful. Xxx

Sops
Sops in reply to allanah

Agree, made me feel awful when shielding as i could not go to look for food to help. Her dad bakes gluten free bread for her, i dont understand why people would want free from, but it took my grandaughter at least a year to adjust her taste, and we all keep bags of rice flour to help,

Take care Sopsx

Neonkittie17
Neonkittie17 in reply to Sops

I understand entirely. I gave several allergies and sensitivities but am not a celiac. I am wheat and dairy intolerant so go for certain types of bread and I only drink lacto free skimmed milk but had to get anything we could and also we drink oat milk and that wasn’t anywhere to be found near us last time. I agree people were buying up the “free froms” in Tesco too. A lady who worked there told my OH this.

Sops
Sops in reply to Neonkittie17

Thsnk you for your understanding, it was tough for them last time and i worry this will be worse.

Sopsx.

Neonkittie17

Can you try a health foods/whole foods online and see if you can get a delivery before they sell out? x

medway-lady
medway-lady in reply to Sops

I'm Celioc and took great delight in thinking that those people who bought the gf bread won't like it and cooking the pasta for even a few seconds too long makes it disintegrate. It's a lot more expensive too ! x

Sops
Sops in reply to medway-lady

Hi, i know what you mean. I do cook for them and i tried bread and pasta dishes., i hate cooking that pasta!

My older granddaughter was diagnosed as a toddler, the change in her with a controlled diet is amazing, ,she is a superb sportswoman and absolutely glows with good health. She used to get a pack of gf rolls from her surgery but her dad makes fresh gf bread every day now, with three children's mouths that is a lot of baking.

Sopsx

medway-lady
medway-lady in reply to Sops

I've found over the past couple of years gf is so much nicer M&S do some nice stuff. I can make a good swiss roll and have done bread but it never is the same no smell like fresh white bread. I make pizza and my husband likes pasta it is hard to tell the difference but does need such careful cooking. I was surprised when diagnosed and it was RA consultant years ago who asked my GP to run a number of tests this one was positive along with Pernicious Anaemia. We've got great GP's but I'd ignored the symptoms so felt so much better once gluten was eliminated but it was hard. Then you get used to it and now even thought the smell of a donut and I make them too for the rest of the family does make me salivate but its not worth scoffing. lol xx

Sops
Sops in reply to Sops

Yes I can imagine that was very difficult, i like donuts but they don't like me. My daughter buys food for the children in M and S and they love this,

I was given a priority slot when shielding by Waitrose amd still use it. I live alone so one order every 2-3 weeks will suffice.

Am currently very concerned that shielding will return, and feeling quite low this weekend, i have mislaid my reading glasses and cannot blame anyone else!

Sospx

Pippy25
Pippy25 in reply to Sops

So sad to hear this, but to some people their mentality is if it's there they'll have it. So selfish and disrespectful to those who are in genuine need and rely on this food. x

Sops
Sops in reply to Pippy25

You have nailed it Pippy 25, my thoughts exactly,

Sopsx

Pippy25
Pippy25 in reply to Sops

Sadly to say before the 1st waive hit, when people ransacked the shelves of loo rolls, pasta and the likes there reached a point where there was only things such as Glade plug ins and say Marmite, but no it was there so we will have it. It's this survival of the fittest and sadly to say those people are the kind of save themselves first and leave the rest. All this stockpiling lead to a lot of waste and things being thrown into the bin as they either couldn't eat it in time or were not resourceful/ or had the brains to make it into something to freeze or preserve. Or probably bought it because it was there and didn't like it.

Neonkittie17
Neonkittie17 in reply to Pippy25

Yes I suspect a lot of waste too. 🤨😑

MadBunny
MadBunny in reply to Sops

I agree about the trendy bit. They're probably also buying it when they can't get hold of the non gluten free. Disgusts me.

Sops
Sops in reply to MadBunny

Too true, i have an on line order every 2-3 weeks, if it ain’t on that ’tough, have to think outside the box!

Sops

Sops

Perish that thought, its why i stay in.

Sopsx

Neonkittie17

In mostly too. Very selected outings. Remote places. Love those remote places but faces loom up even in the most remote places and want to talk. x

Perhaps they are eating them, fillo paper, paper parmentiers , or covering their apple pies with papestry.

know what you mean, i don't go out much so have not seen empty shelves but human nature and greed will always come to the fore with some.

Take care Sopsx

Neonkittie17

Perhaps they are! Crazy crazy crazy 😝

Plus media splash it everywhere so gets people into a panic as they think everyone is doing it when in fact a small portion.

True, the media don’t help always but I think it is genuine that people are doing some of the locust activity as my hubby saw it starting to happen last week. x

Yes I saw it on Monday this week.

Pippy25
Pippy25 in reply to Deeb2908

Yes a bit like last weekend when most areas in the North West except Blackpool are in measures and the media said Don't go to Blackpool this weekend...so what did people do? I think sometimes they don't help and whip people up into doing things such as panic buying with their coverage.

springcross
springcross in reply to Sops

😁😁

I once saw two women scuffling over a turkey crown in M&S in December many years ago! I quickly got what I wanted and left! 😳

Pictures in my mind are hilarious! 🤣🤣 x

They were shouting the F word and tugging this large turkey crown so I quickly chose my much smaller turkey crown and left! 😳😝🤪 xx

Not often i agree with Lorraine Kelly, but in this instance she is absolutely right,

Sopsx

Neonkittie17

I don’t have a TV so haven’t seen her for years unless on iplayer. I may try see this silly man video as I bet he’s from where I live! Probably the same guy my hubby saw!! 😝

Or maybe keeping them until most supplies have run out then selling them at a whopping price! x

That’s what my hubby suspected when he saw the family stripping the shelves bare of milk. Reselling at double the price. x

Sops

That is sick.

Sopsx

Neonkittie17

It is indeed. We saw four toilet rolls last locust crisis for double the normal price in a local late shop when we passed by in the car. My friend had to go collect two toilet rolls from her auntie and also from her sister who left them in their porches for her to collect last time to tide them over until supplies cane back in. I was ready to drive to meet her half way between our houses with another four, then her hubby went early morning shopping and found a few more. She then got priority as a key worker NHS to go early shopping and didn’t run out again. She’s two young boys who think toilet paper is to be played with 😝 so they got a talking to as well about wasting it! x

Sops

I gave my daughter half of mine, she is a family of 5 with no local shops in a village, by the time she has driven 15:miles to two schools and back, there was left in the shops, which are 10 miles away,

I live alone , so i use-most of the other half to supplement her when she runs out.

Once a mother,,,

Sopsx

😀😀

Very cunning, the sort of people who feed off of others' hardships! x

🤨😡

I wont panic buy I don't see the point in it theres plenty of food etc but not when people act mental I feel so sorry for elderly venerable etc not everyone will have the money to panic buy either x

Sadly there are some very selfish people in this world xxx

Neonkittie17
Neonkittie17 in reply to rab1874

😢

Good idea, will look thanks

Sopsx

I don't know what to say about it anymore ........ this seeming attitude of I'm all right Jack and sod everyone else is just getting too depressing for words!! So much for all in it together, eh? 😕

MadBunny
MadBunny in reply to Kags1068

Yep. I remember at the start of all this one of the 'experts' at a briefing saying that the British were altruistic and we would help each other.......... Right! Yes there are a lot of kind and selfless people but also a lot of selfish ones. Sadly the media do stir it up and highlight their behaviour.

Kags1068
Kags1068 in reply to MadBunny

You are absolutely right MB and have expressed it far better than I would have - thanks!😊

Hope you are ok x

MadBunny

I'm fine thanks apart from getting wound up during a walk into town! Little or no social distancing, people not using sanitizer when they go into shops, and the new trend of wearing masks over the mouth only, not the nose.I gave up and came home. What is wrong with these people when the r rate is rising?

Just enjoying a cup of tea and piece of chocolate cake to calm me down😊

Hope you're ok too x

Kags1068

Yes, plodding along here thanks. Just trying to keep the old blood pressure in check every time I read these posts!

I popped into my local Sainsbury's yesterday (which isn't a massive one). They had footprints painted outside on the floor for queuing purposes, and a lady on the door counting people in and out. Inside it wasn't too busy at all (but isn't usually too bad anyway), with clear markings everywhere. I didn't see a single person inside without a mask. Amazing! I did notice however, that I was the only person who stopped to sanitize my hands. This is by far the best shop locally for feeling safe. It seems to be mainly used by people of a certain age and often, class I'm afraid, if that makes sense. I went to a local large ASDA recently (which normally I use sometimes) and the difference was shocking! At least 25% of people with no mask and I'm afraid all in the 20-35 age group. (I certainly would not have dared challenge any of them)! No markings, no monitoring of numbers, kids running around all over the place unsupervised as usual, and practically no distancing. I was shocked! Won't go back there for a while! Amazing the difference between different shops/clientele etc? Thankfully, I'd switched to mainly online grocery shopping a couple of years ago, so only go in big shops occasionally for extra bits.

Anyway, pleased you are ok(ish), and do enjoy that chocolate cake - mmmm!😉 Think I might allow myself a small packet of mini cheddars which sounds very sad in comparison- haha!!😅😆

MadBunny

I know what you mean about the blood pressure. Mini cheddars. Love those too! I've only had half of the piece of choc cake- saving the rest for later😊.Your point about the type of shops reminded me of a joke my friend sent me about the goods people panic buy according to the shop they use. I'll see if I can find it. Enjoy the mini cheddars. I feel the need for cheese and crackers coming on haha

Kags1068

Yes, do post it if you can find it. You have been very controlled only having half the cake! I'd say you deserve cheese and crackers as a reward! Well, as a result of thinking (and yes, I admit, almost drooling at the thought of your cake) I have just convinced hubby to share a wispa gold with me! I say "convinced" but he'd agreed before I could finish saying it ...... wonder who's going to get the bigger half?! So, we shall 'share' that, and settle for an afternoon film, I think. Enjoy the cheese and crackers haha! 😊 xx

MadBunny

😬😄😄

Kags1068

😉

They do indeed stir it, but it’s there to see with your own eyes too. Selfishness and disregarding safety by a minority but enough of them keep popping up. This morning my OH said he saw a guy wandering all over in Tesco without a mask whilst shopping and another guy the mask less guy went near said .. hey mate where is your mask? The reply .. why of course .. F off. 😫 Disgusting and my OH says you don’t want to challenge them as they’ll likely not hesitate to get in your face. No one wants to risk a close encounter with an irate person. This charming guy also said .. I don’t need to wear a mask. Apparently the guy who challenged him then said something to the effect of .. but you DO. You don’t get why do you? Then two Tesco security guards stopped the offender and my OH moved on. It’s pointless trying to reason with anyone who doesn’t understand why wearing a mask is important and Tesco should be doing more but they’re not. The check out staff no longer wear masks but there are still Perspex shields. No markings on the floor or orderly spaces queuing at the tills, etc.

My friend works in a large Asda. She was a promoter/demonstrator but as they can’t do that anymore, she’s stocking shelves for now. This branch has all their staff wearing masks unless health issues and apparently they have marshals at the door giving people a pack of masks to buy at the end of their shop if they arrive without a mask! So many people trying to help but a horrible aggressive minority. Such a lot of aggression in this area tbh. 😑

This aggressive behaviour is so unnecessary.I can understand that staff don't want to challenge people not wearing masks if this is the response they get.I heard a woman refusing to sanitise her hands at the entrance to a shop because she'd already 'f- ing' done it in the last shop she'd been in.

Kags1068

Well she sounds like a charmer!😳😳

MadBunny

The assistant stood her ground and wouldn't let her in so she went away muttering to herself.

Kags1068

excellent!😉

I’m very glad to here that! Good for the assistant. People need to be tougher on the flouters but it must be scary if they think they’re going to be attacked.

Probably graduated from the same charm school as the F off guy my husband saw in Tesco today!

Yep

I’d love to have bounced something off his head as he walked away but that would have been a waste of good food!

😂😂😂. I suppose you could have used something tinned. At worst that would only have dented.

Ha ha .. great idea. Agree his dense skull would have dented the tin!

😄

Some of the supermarkets are limiting the number of items such as toilet roll/ handsanitiser you can purchase online.

I hope they are doing the same thing in the shops too.

It really beggars belief that people are stock piling again.

Neonkittie17
Neonkittie17 in reply to Mmrr

My hubby got 4 toilet rolls and liquid hand wash and large pack of anti bac wipes and Dettox kitchen spray and a box of tissues so nothing was out of stock, but you could only have three of each item. We only wanted one of each.

Yes that’s not a surprise they are doing that again online. 😑 Some people don’t seem to learn do they?! As production/manufacturing isn’t closed down, I’m sure the shelves will be replenished next week if they’re down on a lot of things tomorrow. Last time I found if you tried to buy some items online especially on Amazon, you were often only given the option of multiple buys. I didn’t want 24 bottles of lavender Dettol, but after a long search found places which sold in one or twos.

This has always happened and always will. I think the supermarkets are also to blame for allowing it.

Yes it seems they are letting people buy however many items they want at first I agree before imposing a limit on purchases. 🤨

Sick excuses for human beings. What is wrong with them?! Or are they just stocking up to sell at ridiculous prices on ebay as before. Sheer greed.

Very likely some of that too!

Yes, it's very dispiriting; but, human nature I'm afraid. In spite of hundreds - nay, thousands of years of development, I sometimes feel we are still in the age of hunting and gathering. Desperate times when living was very difficult.

But here we are in the 21st century and living in what have been called the "lucky latitudes" and we still act as though there's no tomorrow. Many people on this planet have reason to despair, but why do we panic?

Hoarding loo rolls? Never understood this. Years ago there was a panic about salt of all things.

Just sit tight!

bienassis xx

I was complaining about this yesterday. Then my shopping delivery arrived and I discovered that I'd accidentally panic bought! I had loo roll on my order and then it said 'item not available' so I bought a different one. Both delivered!

Hardly hoarding! You won’t have to worry about buying that for some time now!

I don’t blame them they think we’re going into a post apocalyptic world and the first thing I would like to do if I lived in the Mad Max universe is to wipe my bum with a soft velvety bit of toilet roll and eat a can of spam

You don’t blame them hoarding?

It was sarcasm 🤷‍♂️

I did hope so!! 😆

Oh don't get me started !!

I just don't understand the greedy selfishness of some people ?

I hope you are doing ok. I am coping quite well with the regular flares I am having. I believe we get used to them and learn to live with them. It's all just a part of me !!

Mind you, these are what I think of as minor flares, toes and fingers usually. I hope I'm not tempting fate.

Mind you, we are not into winter yet!

I love living here in Wales, close to my son Jez and his family. My little grandson Silas makes me laugh, he also tells me that he loves me from time to time, which makes me go weak at the knees.

I hope you are doing as well as me.

Take care, June xx

Hi June I messaged you about a month ago but think you may not have received it? I’ll try again this week. I often have issues lately when I send messages that they disappear. 😠 Glad you are doing well. x

You may also like...