Follow up to positive ANA test: After posting... - NRAS

NRAS
28,419 members33,626 posts

Follow up to positive ANA test

RosieA
RosieA

After posting yesterday I had a couple of lovely responses from some people with psoriatic arthritis and I thank them. I was wondering though, if anyone with RA had also tested positive or not. As many of you know I am changing meds, they are being given a month to work - if not then biologics have been discussed. Ho hum, and am only 8 months into this journey and am hoping that something else doesn't rear it's head. Why does life Before RA seem another country! (Deep sigh)

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Rosie. I've not been offered an ANA test or had one and I think many others on here would answer the same. I just googled it (!) and saw a link to this site which may be helpful to you. southtees.nhs.uk/services/p...

RosieA
RosieA
in reply to Lolabridge

You are a star! Yes, it appears that a positive one can occur in RA patients but it could also be a forerunner of the autoimmune disease taking a slightly different or parrallel path. I know that the Consultant was concerned that Sulfasalazine might induce a rash - now I understand why. Many thanks for taking the time to google it - that was very kind.

Lolabridge
Lolabridge
in reply to RosieA

I had a frightful rash from Sulphasalazine (amongst other problems it caused me) with what dermatologists call a DRESS reaction, which I gather is an extreme form. It's been decided I'm allergic to Sulphasalazine and I have to avoid it and all other sulphur based drugs.

You may also like...