ANA Test: I'm sure that lots of you will tell me that... - NRAS

NRAS
28,419 members33,626 posts

ANA Test

RosieA
RosieA

I'm sure that lots of you will tell me that you have tested positive for this too! I'm also RF and CCP negative. Wondered if anyone else had this profile or not! Just wondering as it was suggested by hospital that I don't take Sulfasalazine. I suspect I know what it means but hope I might be wrong!

11 Replies
oldestnewest

I have never been tested for ANA. Initially I was negative for RF and they didn't test for CCp then either. But in recent times I tested positive for CCP.

RosieA
RosieA
in reply to poemsgalore1

It's all so equally intriging and confusing. My CRP has been reassuringly normal for the 10 months since this all kicked off. Certainly the boundaries between some different auto immune diseases seem a little blurry in their initial stages.

Hi Rosie yes I tested positive for ana and also negative for rh factor and ccp. I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis.

RosieA
RosieA
in reply to Pinkypie2018

Thank you for your response. Forgive my ignorance but does that mean that you have psoriasis? If so did that present first? My initial ANA was borderline but became positive only a few months later I believe.

Pinkypie2018
Pinkypie2018
in reply to RosieA

No I don't have psoriasis thankfully, but my dad did along with arthritis so it was based on family history also. Sometimes you can get the arthritis before the skin rash. My rheumatologist told me that some people can test for a positive ana but be completely healthy.

RosieA
RosieA
in reply to Pinkypie2018

Yes. I have read this too. I definitely have multiple joint problems and fatique. Hoping it all ends there!

Yes, I’m ANA positive but everything else negative and have PsA. I don’t have psoriasis but my son does.

RosieA
RosieA
in reply to Barrister

Thank you for your response. I have no family history of psoriasis. But was warned that Sulfasalazine could potentially bring on a rash. Hum! The joys of it all.

Barrister
Barrister
in reply to RosieA

They will tell you that any of the medications can cause psoriasis to begin/flare. If you read the information leaflets included with the meds, most of them will say that they can cause psoriasis to flare.

I had positive Rheumatoid factor, positive antiCCP and positive ANA (and inflammatory markers). Consultant said definitely RA with the possibility of developing lupus later in life (I was 30 when diagnosed). He gave me mtx and sulphasalazine. Stopped the sulpha as it gave me palpitations

Thank you for your response. I do so hope that you don't go on to develop any other symptoms of Lupus. Feeling blue and tired today, so feet up with a cuppa and contemplating asking the group about hair loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may also like...