COVID-19 risk levels: Hi all Helpline are currently... - NRAS

NRAS
27,975 members32,534 posts

COVID-19 risk levels

Victoria-NRAS
Victoria-NRASAdministrator

Hi all

Helpline are currently dealing with a huge influx of calls and emails about COVID-19, so please can I ask you to only call or email them if you can't get your answer online. To help with this, I thought I'd share some of the information I have been putting in email responses to people today:

All patients with RA are considered to be at greater risk than the general population. As to whether they are ‘increased risk’, ‘high risk’ or ‘very high risk’ this depends on the medication that you are taking and the other health conditions that you have. The NHS have recently issued some clear guidance on this. It is aimed at healthcare professionals, but would be useful for you as a patient as well and can be viewed here:

england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/...

Hopefully the above guidance gives you a clearer indication of your level of risk from COVID-19, so that as the government issues further advice on how at risk groups need to respond you will know which advice applies to you.

The government stated earlier in the week that they will be asking those in the ‘high risk’ groups to self-isolate from this weekend, so if you meet that criteria in the above link you would be asked to and some with RA have already started to self-isolate as a precaution.

I hope this information helps. You can also keep up-to-date on the following page of our website, which we aim to update as regularly as possible:

nras.org.uk/news/coronaviru...

Kind regards

Victoria

(NRAS)

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

You may also like...