Tuesday smile..: We all know about the 'brain fog' that... - NRAS

NRAS
26,490 members β€’ 30,397 posts

Tuesday smile..

Dobcross1
Dobcross1
β€’15 Replies

We all know about the 'brain fog' that comes with RA....

So, last night was methotrexate injection night. I had a stock of 8 metoject pens... Tried the first one - wouldn't work. Tried the second, no luck. Went through my whole stock of 8 cursing that it must be a faulty batch and panicking as I'm going away for 2 weeks and had no methotrexate to take with me. Rang Lloyds out of hours nurse and left v stressed voicemail telling her what had gone on. Couldn't believe all 8 failed.. Then, just as the nurse rang me back.... blinding flash. You've got to take the bloomin yellow cap off the top first! Oh God the shame! Luckily, the nurse found it funny - she said I'd 'made her night' but I was mortified😱😱. I wouldn't mind but I've been doing the injections for 16 weeks without a problem. I'm still red faced typing this now... my husband will never let me live it down! Needless to say I don't think I'll make that mistake again - but I can't be sure!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

15 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Gnarli

Hahahahahaha. Thank you so much for sharing this and I'm sure you're not alone. Ahem.

2 likes
mccaffs2014

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things that make people laugh😁

3 likes
Hidden
Hidden

πŸ˜‚

2 likes
Mmrr

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

2 likes
helixhelix

Lovely!

3 likes
sunnyweek

So funny but sorry that you were stressed. X😊

3 likes
Frankiefocus

Aww bless your cotton socks thanks for the giggle.

3 likes
AgedCrone

😑know the feeling!

2 likes
Zip1

I have done similar!🀣

1 like
Soreknees2016

LOL! I did the same with my diabetes med injection pen a few weeks ago, and when I did take the cap off, the blooming liquid squirted all over me!! 😱πŸ€ͺ

1 like
Pulfs

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 like
Recorder500L

Brilliant,

1 like

That was your "Lucille Ball" moment! We all have them! Glad you are good now.

2 likes
Dobcross1
Dobcross1
in reply to 4201

Oooh that puts us at a certain age!!! But yes exactly right πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hardtolove

Do you take that for the "brain fog"

1 like

You may also like...