Hip Hip Hooray: Just an update and a massive Thankyou... - NRAS

NRAS
26,256 members30,103 posts

Hip Hip Hooray

Just an update and a massive Thankyou to all the people who helped me with my nerves before I had my Hip Replacement done.

I had it done 2 weeks ago today And had my staples removed this afternoon.

When I went in for the surgery I was shaking all over. My lovely surgeon put his arms round me and reassured me so much that I would be fine and he was right. I had the injection in my back and do not remember very much about it. I soon came round proper in recovery and felt fine straight away.

I would like to thank all on here who gave me the courage to go ahead. I am sure in a few weeks I will be back to some kind of normality and wonder what on earth I was worried about.

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Great news !

Thanks for sharing. Always nice to hear positive outcomes 😌. All the best.

1 like

Fantastic news - you’ll soon be running around like a two year old! 😜

1 like

Well done you. Keep up with physio and you'll be so pleased. Justhad my 5th joint and am so grateful for. MOdern medicine and the instant pain relief ftom them. Good luck. X

Thanks everybody, what a great forum this is xxx

1 like

Well done and hank you for sharing your positive experience. Hope you are healing day by day. x

1 like

Great everything went well 👍xx

1 like

Well done for going through with it despite your fears - that takes more courage. And for posting on here so that it helps others who might be not so able to share their fears but still have them.

1 like

You may also like...