NRAS
22,083 members25,693 posts

Red faced

I couldn't have written this if I couldn't have seen the funny side . I have just spent the afternoon taking my mum to the doctors about her poor mobility and how worried I am . We get back and I've cooked dinner decided that the dogs 🐶 needed a quick round the block I get onto the pavement on the main road ankle locks leg over flexes and I am lying flat on my back with two dogs looking at me cars driving past . I'm laughing through the pain and tears and not one person stopped . I get up go back to my mums covered in mud feeling slightly shame faced for bullying her . I hate these moments 😱

28 Replies
oldestnewest

Oh no poor you! Are you Ok? How mean that no one stopped.

I'm always falling over. Wouldn't mind if I'd been at the sauce!

1 like

lol I'm so trying hard to make fun out of what is happening as you all know I have RA and AS all is relatively quiet though major feet and hand problems . I have my humeria funding review next week that has been cancelled three times I have had no follow up appointments since I went on it a year ago as we had no consultants . I have weened myself off the steroids the gabapentine the bacolfen and the pain killers to just maximum dose of solpadol . I have felt lost and worried that they will remove my funding and at present apart from falling I can mobilise . My dad died suddenly on the 23 march I live 300 miles away and rushed up to Yorkshire but he had already passed . My poor mum has suddenly become so fragile and as it's a sudden death and he had just been diagnosed with asbestosis it's been a post mortem then an inquest that is adjourned . Bless them they had no savings so I'm trying to claim pension credits funeral grants be 300 miles away from my family and keep two houses running . Funeral is Thursday so maybe it will calm down when I bring mum back with me . I have to take her for a echo cardiogram tomorrow as her blood pressure is through the roof and the doctor could see her heart beating through her chest when I took her in . I can feel the pain in my pelvis and leg and know I'm about to flair I'm lying in bed writing this to you all not for sympathy but because I know all off you understand how bloody hard it is to be super human . Thank you all for being there and letting me rant . Sending hugs 🤗🤗

3 likes

I am so sorry for you a the moment irs so hard losing someone and then having to look after a frail old lady when you are so ill yourself. I hope things get easier for you. Meanwhile look after yourself. Xx

1 like

I empathise. My wee mammy died just after Christmas and I'm supporting my dad and flaring away too. Keep strong as will I...well we do try don't we! (hugs)) M x

1 like

🤗💐

Some one should have stopped that's so bad

1 like

Very sorry for you and your mums loss nothing can comprehend losing a loved one but as the saying goes times a healer although your dad will never be forgotten, I also hope your not too sore after your fall and it must be very hard trying to run 2 households but I know women are very good at being resource full and caring and holding the household together when there's a crisis in the family as my lovely wife has cared for me since I was diagnosed with RA 3 years ago, I hope things settle down with the flaring and mind to pace yourself and get plenty off rest as your health is paramount god bless sending hugs xxx

3 likes

Aww bless you darling i hope your not suffering too much. I feel i have to laugh when something like that and it hopefully makes it easier. Hugs.xxxxx

2 likes

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thinking of you. If he had asbestosis you can get a payout for that. My friend’s husband had a diagnosis and he was awarded £365,000. Sadly he passed away from kidney cancer.

1 like

Similar to me, walking dogs, new walking boots, crossing road, fell literally flat on my face,in the middle of the road! Luckily had a friend with me, she ran after dog, then helped me up, meanwhile cars swerving to avoid me! Had a very bloody face, swollen nose,etc, got to the other side of road, happened again,turns out the loop of the lace on one boot caught on the hook of the other, had not bothered to tie the hooky bits!

Ouch poor you . You do feel such an idiot as you're going down I had good boots on yesterday ankle is slightly swollen and looking as though it's bruised but I think it's my pride 😂have a fabulous day 💐

Had flare after the fall, after being in remission for over a year, waiting for blood results before going on Humira. Hope your ankle is not too sore,must be hard looking after two homes, remember to take care of yourself too!💕😊

I am feeling rubbish to be honest but I'm so stressed out I'm not helping I'm going home at the weekend so I can see the consultant next week and I'll be there for a fortnight which will help . It's just so hard trying to be positive and you feel like poo . Thank you 🤗

1 like

Do you have a good relationship with your rheumatology team? If so make sure you tell them everything that’s been happening, I know that stress will bring on a flare pretty much every time, my mother died just over a year ago, & I flared big time! Was able to call them & was given a steroid injection that day! My rheumy nurse is amazing, she has actually become a friend, well I have known her for 15 years now! Have a good rest when you get back! X

I haven't seen anyone since last May and that was the nurse as our hospital trust had no consultants I'm seeing the new consultant next week for funding review I'm praying that they're nice and will listen It's been a bit of a lonely road on humeria feel good on it but have literally no follow up for a year not sure how other trusts work or whether this was just bad luck . Thank you again I'll let you know how it all goes 🤗

1 like

Please do! Had no idea you had to have reviews, what a carry on! Obviously I am very lucky with the the team I have, the only criticism is the fact I have never seen an actual consultant in 15 years, saw a variety of doctors, different one each time,then saw the nurse,now I see her almost every time, she suggests the treatment , puts it to the consultant, he agrees,end of! I see her about every 3/4 months, reading your story I realise just how lucky I am. 👍👍👍🤗

1 like

Oh flippin heck. Enough is enough for you. Yes I do understand. I had a dreadful year last year and some things are lingering. Part of which was my dad died. I wont bore again with it but I feel for you. My brother in law (70 next month ) has asbestosis, diagnosed recently and the government has given an immediate payout of around £12,000 I think its that amount, and a solicitor is on the case and they are expected to get a payout of a lot more and the £12, 000 will be deducted from that. If he dies before that goes through he gets more. The Macmillan nurses pointed them in the direction of compensation. I hope this helps. All the best and if your pain goes up or you think its going you could always ask rheumy for some help. Mine gave me a does of steroids. I would not have managed to get out of bed without them. Thinking of you.....which is no help at all. Remember to take care of yourself whilst looking after your mum.

I know that my dad had put in a claim but bless him he had only been diagnosed last August and literally fell ill in the last month rushed into hospital two weeks ago and died two days later . They have done a post mortem and hopefully my poor mum may have some closure when she knows what he died from as she is in so much shock at the moment . Funeral Thursday hopefully she may cry and begin to start the grieving process . 🤗to you and your brother and family it's a rotten thing to have x

Thank you for your kind reply. Brother in law diagnosed last summer, in and out of hospital, no more chemo can be given. They have no children and there are 5 of us be we are ths closest so its me that is the support. Yes I agree regarding your mum, but hard for you too. Take care.

💐🤗

1 like

So sorry for your loss Nessa. What a very difficult time. I’d echo everything that’s been said- take care of yourself; make sure someone’s supporting you!

I hope Thursday is the best it can be, for you and Mum. We will be thinking of you x

Hope you are ok and don't have too many bruises. How awful that no-one stopped to see if you were alright. Take care x

1 like

Sorry for your lost. It’s not easy losing a parent and even more so with this illness.Just take it one step at a time. Big hugs

1 like

How horrid that noone stopped to help you up. I do hope you haven't hurt yourself too badly.

1 like

I hope you are not in too much pain today Nettac. I once fell over in the middle of the road and badly hurt my ankle, but the thing that hurt most of all was the fact that no one stopped to help me and I couldn't get myself up. Eventually a lady who couldn't speak English stopped and was very kind and helped me to get home again. Why are people so unkind these days?

1 like

Too bad no one stopped though... Not a surprise, but really you guys??? You couldn't stop to help the nice lady??? Yeah - I know what you mean Nessa - I've done similar things... Hope you are okay

1 like

Awe what a awful time you are having.So sorry to hear about your dad and looking after your mum too made harder by the distance it is not easy.When you are trying to juggle so many things it is easy to forget to look after you so please remember to look after yourself and i hope things get a bit better for you and your mum and hope you have someone there to give you gentle hugs

Thank you 🤗

You may also like...