Newly diagnose ra in 2018

Hi 👋 everyone I am very lonely and hopeless jobless I don’t know what to do any help would be great full can I run again?

25 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome, but sorry you have had to join us.

Your question: Can you run again? Some people achieve this, others don't. Sorry not to be more helpful than that! Having this diagnosis often means that life style changes have to be made, but lots of people live a more or less normal life with treatment.

If you look at past posts on here, most of them will be from people facing difficulties. But there will be a few from people who are doing well and doing things like running to raise money for research. I always find that the NRAS magazine is uplifting in its stories about what people do manage to do.

5 likes

Thanks oldtimer for your reply I am 39 old and I got ra from my gym i am worried about my future

1 like

Hi. Welcome to the forum. You'll soon find out there a lot of very friendly & helpful people on here. We're not all full of medical knowledge, but we're all full of experience.

Ruth ☺

3 likes

Ruth really appreciate for your response

I got little hope 😘

1 like

Hi Mazhar,

Welcome to the NRAS HealthUnlocked community and we're sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. You're certainly not alone here and I'm sure you'll receive lots of positive replies from our RA community. Do also have a look at our Newly Diagnosed booklet as there's lots of information about to expect from the next few months - nras.org.uk/publications/ne...

Our Helpline team are also available Monday to Thursday (9.30-4.30) 0800 298 7650 if you want to give them a call, they have years of experience of speaking to people about RA and can address any concerns you might have.

Kind regards,

EmmaS-NRAS

3 likes

Thanks EmmaS

Hello and welcome.

You said that "you got RA from your gym" - I don't understand that, can you explain?

I've been diagnosed 7 years now and am in remission. So I could run if I wanted to, but I just hate running so I don't!

5 likes

Thanks helixhelix

I was sports man before three months ago I was very active person laughing jumping was my passion but one day in gym I feel my right foot hurt I thought maybe I am using gym to much that’s why it’s hurting I didn’t bother and keep going to gym I am pretty sure I got this virus from gym !

1 like

HI Mazhar,

Just wanted to clarify that RA isn't a virus, it is an autoimmune disease. Although no-one knows the exact cause yet, the general consensus is that it's a combination of genetics and an environmental trigger (which varies from person to person). A fuller explanation can be found here: nras.org.uk/what-is-ra-article

It is not possible that you got RA from the gym but that perhaps you found going to the gym made you feel the symptoms in a particular joint more. You may have to scale back your gym going just for the time-being until you get on the right medication and get your RA under better control. Talk to your nurse/consultant next time you see them and they will be able to advise more.

Kind regards

EmmaS-NRAS

2 likes

Thanks EmmaS I thought that was virus eating my bones thanks correcting me

1 like

Now I have not experience about this ra can you explain to me what gonna happen next

1 like

Advise you stay off Google.

Everything you read about does not necessarily mean you will get it all. We're all different, effected in different ways.

Some of us can lead a fairly normal life.

It is a shock to the system & to process it all can be daunting.

I was diagnosed with Severe Osteoarthritis just over two years ago, the shock of it flawed me. It's taking me awhile to understand what's going on.

But, you have good & bad days, no matter what type of arthritis you have, & with the right type of medication suitable for your needs & help available, (not forgetting the lovely advice you'll be getting from the lovely people on here), you may well feel less stressed & anxious.

Get as much info as possible from your GP.

You mentioned that you are out of work. Do you live in the UK?

If so, are you claiming benefits?

You could claim Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or Personal Independent Payment (PIP). You'll need to look up: gov.uk. to see what benefits you could be entitled to, or speak CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau).

Ruth

1 like

Ruth thanks for your support i will take your advice.

1 like

Warm greetings, 39-year old lonely, hopeless, jobless sportsman, Mazhar12345678! 👋 😌

What a mouthful! 😳 🙃

Kindly, feel lonely no longer. 🙋‍♂️ 🙋‍♀️

You’re surrounded by loving 💞 support by many, many of us 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👧 in the same boat 🚢 .

Your definitely not alone. 🕴

Here’s a few possible scenarios (for you) from other ‘sportsmen’ stricken with disease:

. . . • Danny 🧗‍♂️ 🏊‍♂️ 🏃‍♂️ 🚴‍♂️ : healthunlocked.com/nras/pos... (scroll down to video)

. . . • Joseph 🧘‍♂️ 🤸‍♂️ : healthunlocked.com/nras/pos... (scroll down to "Joseph Encinia")

. . . • Reg 🏋️‍♂️ : healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

Kindly take heart 💓, Mazhar12345678. 😌 There’s abundant realistic hope. 👍👍

You can improve & return to the activities that you enjoy. 😊 Please don’t give up hope. 😌 🙏

Saying the same thing to you, as I’d said to the gals ( healthunlocked.com/nras/pos... ): "Fight, fight, fight.": giphy.com/gifs/3o6MbjKvkXPM... , yarn.co/yarn-clip/454942e3-... 😖🥊🥊

[If you find your spirits 👻 👻 lagging, kindly reflect that there’s youngsters working through the disease (Katy, Cole, Jenn: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos... ) from whom we’ve much to learn & be inspired by. 😇 👼 ]

Very best wishes to you, Mazhar12345678. 😌 🙏 🍀 🌺 🌞

2 likes

Kai I really appreciate you guys are awesome make me feel better

2 likes

You’ll not only feel better, you’ll get better! Worry not, dear man. 😌 🙏 Do what you need to do to improve as much as possible. 👍👍 We’re cheering you on. 👏 👏 🎉

2 likes

Thanks Kai your reply make me cry 😢 I see lite in the dark thanks again

2 likes

Tears of joy. . . . tears of joy, dear man. 💧😃 💧☺️ (Very welcome 🙏 .) ✔️ Don’t be afraid to do the hard work. ✔️ If you think it’s ‘too hard’, remind yourself being debilitated is much harder. ✔️ It gets easier as you go along developing new/ better habits & begin to feel better. ✔️ Continue learning along the way as information/ knowledge evolves. ✔️Become self-disciplined. ✔️ Listen to your body & keep using your mind/ common sense. ✔️ Forgive & love yourself as there’s inevitable slips and normal ebb & flow backslides & baby steps forward all along the way. ✔️Avoid the time-wasting ‘blame game’ — especially ‘self-blame’. ✔️ healthunlocked.com/cure-art... 🕯🔦 💡🔅 🔆 ☀️ 🌞 🌝

1 like

Thanks Kai

1 like

I totally understand google make me very scared one month I keep reading google Thanks Ruth

1 like

Your most welcome. 👍

Easy anwser of course you will, might not be as fast but hey we're all getting older !Remission is acheivable it might take awhile but you'll get their. Don't read Google and be optamistic.

1 like

Thanks medway lady I totally agree with your advice 😘

1 like

Stay positive, eat well and it will help you in good stead. I was healthy, active and it floored me! I didn’t smoke or drink and thought how and why! But not worth going down that road. I have RA but it doesn’t define me or my life, I am going to keep doing what I can do best. I lost the ability to tip toe or run as fast as I use too but at least I can still walk. RA certainly gives you a wake up to enjoy the little things, appreciate life. 😊

3 likes

Very true

1 like

You may also like...