Part Two .. Acidic Foods. What we should be avoiding... - NRAS

NRAS
26,212 members β€’ 30,048 posts

Part Two .. Acidic Foods. What we should be avoiding. πŸ˜‡

Lists of foods to eat with caution ......

13 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Never seen so much rubbish in my life!

2 likes

Given that we have acid in our stomachs to help break down food to digest it, it seems illogical to avoid acidic foods.

3 likes

I reckon you eat what you fancy...if it upsets you...don't eat it again!

8 likes

Agree entirely AC! I wouldn't eat an aubergine if you paid me! It would set my joints jangling. If I want something that may upset my joints a little but I'm craving it .. I'll have a little as I usually eat very healthily.

1 like

There are definitely triggers my having small flares in certain foods and they often are acidic. I'm not advocating this in any way as being the way to eat but responded to the "vinegar" post that it might have some relevance. 😁

2 likes

Yes, for me anyhow. πŸ˜€

1 like

I have to disagree with you. That's the way the world spins .. You think it is rubbish and said so and I understand you want to say so. I'm saying it has a lot of relevance to me and saying so! 😁 Many nutrition books say much of the same but I do exactly as AC posted .. A little of what you fancy, but keep it mostly healthy.

4 likes

Seeing that several people on this site mention visual disturbances ( including me) it is possibly quite a relief that the chart which is described as RUBBISH is at least 50% invisible due to the low contrast print and background. Does no-one ever consider such visual problems?

Do any of these help, widgie?

β€’ Acidic foods: lindsayhyzer.files.wordpres...

β€’ Alkaline – Acid Food Chart: phmiracleliving.com/pdf/pHF...

β€’ A list of Acid / Alkaline Forming Foods: rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalk...

πŸ™ πŸ€ 🌺 🌞

1 like

I did say I couldn't improve on the visual I downloaded so sorry I couldn't do that but I did actually enlarge it and split it into two halves before I posted it. I understand what you are saying re the poor choice of colours and legibility. My eyes watered recently trying to read a magazine article which was yellow background and small white text. As an artist/graphic designer there are some colour combinations I would never use when designing magazine layouts etc., no matter how pretty the colours look.

Ok so this is annoying. My gp just told me to up my dairy as my calcium and vitamin d blood tests came back too low. I also eat an egg almost daily. Wtf. God I don't know what to eat for breakfast anymore. Can't have bread. Gluten free bread has too much sugar. So has most cereals. Can't put milk in it anyway cos we aren't supposed to have milk. Can't eat too much fruit first thing because it's still too much fruit sugar. I cut down on caffeine and so have herbal tea with a bit of honey but now I can't have honey either. What on earth is left? Porridge made with water? An avocado? Depressed.

And then I read this, and it's completely conflicting with the above. I'm just going to eat healthily and keep a food diary. Then it will flag up a flare up.

arthritis.org/living-with-a...

1 like

Yes Jules, good idea to do the food diary and see if you can discover what makes you flare. I don't like cows' milk so have lacto free skimmed. Have you tried that? What about yoghurts? Also try Tesco Free From cereals. Their cornflakes are really nice. What about baking an avocado in the oven with a small egg broken in the middle? A bit time consuming for breakfast but weekends or have it for your evening meal? Mushrooms have lots of vitamin D and unsalted nuts are great for calcium if you don't have nut allergies. Spinach in salads is great or wilted in the steamer. (What about eggs Florentine?) Sometimes I treat myself to BBC Good Food Vegetarian magazine or Delicious magazine for some lovely recipes or there are ace recipes on their website. I won't say anymore in case it is deemed a load of rubbish! (Sorry I couldn't resist that 😁) xx

You may also like...