Fed up

I saw a lovely consultant yesterday regarding my knee. Its been playing me for two years. I had a partial knee replacement a couple of years ago and it's not been right since. It swells up and I have been in constant pain. My hips were also hurting.

Upshot is that the implant is fine but it looks like the swelling and pain is due to inflammatory arthritis. Both hips have gone too.

I've pretty much felt cack since March when my inflammatory were high. I just seem to sleep the whole time.

Not sure what's going to happen now. I've tried sulfasalazine and leflunomide. I can't take methotrexate. Would be nice to feel better. Things are getting worse, despite an IM steroid shot three weeks ago and an increase in leflunimide. Humph.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry to hear things aren't great for you. Hopefully they will find something that works for you soon.

• Thanks.

I feel stupid complaining given the awfulness of what's happening in the world. At least I'm still breathing!

• Hi Nettac. If this sounds unsympathetic I'm sorry. It's not intended to be like that, but someone else's pain does not diminish yours. Maybe be your pain can seem nothing in comparison but it's your life and you are coping with it as best you can. Would comparing your condition with someone young, healthy and "normal" make your pain feel worse? I'm not clever with words but I hope you get where I'm coming from. Hugs

Jan

• Dear oh dear.

I accidentally banged my poor old knee yesterday and have been up all night in agony. Can barely walk this morning.

I've iced it, stuck gel on it and taken pain killers. Between that and my hips I don't know what to do with myself.

You may also like...