Impressed!

As some of you know, I've been suffering with awful dizziness and nausea. This came to a head this morning when I woke up around 6 with a banging headache. I had to rush to loo to be sick.

I called GP this morning, and was asked to go in. I saw a locum, who was extremely thorough. I was so impressed, as I've frequently felt dismissed.

Doc thinks I have vertigo, and has given me cinnarize. I'm still anxious there might be an issue with leflunomide, but I have blood tests on Friday. I also asked to have my thyroid checked, as I have also had hyperthyroidism in the past. This hasn't been checked for a while.

Doc also took a photo of the weird rash I've had on my hands for a while. He doesn't know what it is, but he went to ask another doc, who suggested taking a photo. He is going to discuss the issue with rheumatology if still the same when I see him next week ( which it will be).

He was great at explaining things, and was very reassuring. Particularly reassuring was the fact that he made another appointment for me to see him there and then. He said I'm to ring if anything happens in between, and he will see me.

Excellent!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • This certainly is good news Nettac .

It gives you confidence that they will listen to what you say and follow it through.

Long may it last..

Take care.

Crusee

XX

• WOW a doctor going out of his way to get you the help you need. It is very good news and i bet when this issue is all over you will try and see this dr, again.xxx

• Of course! Who wants to see a doc that doesn't listen...I've got a son for that!😄😄😄😄😄😳

• Ha ha ha.xxxx

• We've had a number of people at work suffering with a similar thing. Apparently there is a bug doing the rounds here.

Wishing you a speedy recovery x

• Whoa those drugs doc gave me could knock out a bull elephant!

Don't feel so sick, but I'm beginning to wonder if that's because I didn't bother taking amitryptiline last night?

You may also like...