Being on methotrexate and humera

I recently traveled and moved to a different country. My flare ups was so bad. Vomiting and couldn't eat. Took me a month to find a good doctor so my friends say. I was diagnosed with lupus and R.A and been giving methotrexate and humera injections. Told my new doctor he laughed and said humera won't help u and said I won't be needing it and only gave me methotrexate pills. I'm worried bc I know humera helped me idk what to do was he right did the doctor mis treat me with pills.

Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked Health Blogger Awards

Which blogger helps you manage your condition?

Vote now

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I had a similar experience a while ago. I moved countries and had to find a new rheumatologist. The first one I saw wanted to change the treatment I had been on for 4 years without being able to explain why. I found a different doctor!

You have to expect that each country will be a bit different in the way they treat RA & lupus, and they might want you to change treatment. But the doctor must be able to explain why. Which country are you now in?

• I'm in Dubai for now. Moved from California for a job. He's supposed to be top doctor here.

• Also he gave me the meth and didn't agree to humira without doing a blood test. He did a blood test later on

• How long did u take them together?

You may also like...