METHOTREXATE

Further to my previous post about problems with mtx injections and feeling bad, have been on to hospital and they are reducing my dose soon, so here`s hoping. Was working well for a few months on 15mg weekly but lately have had nausea for two day a week, so tired can hardly stand, so going down to 10mg plus usual hydroxy. Increased folic to no avail, if this doesn`t work shall be upset, getting depressed.

Had a moan now so thanks for reading this

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Really hope decrease works for you.

Is the MTX and Hydro controlling your RA symptoms?

Xx

• Yes, symptoms controlled well and no sign of any activity. I will see how the reduced dosage works (or not) and then maybe ask for an alternative if necessary. Thank you for your comments x

• If you don't get on with methotrexate, please ask for other DMARDs/biologics to be considered. It sometimes seems as if the rheumy team can't see past it to other alternatives.

• My fourteen year old daughter was on mtx for 10 months and she was unwell most of the time. She had nausea, headaches, viral infections , chest infections and dizzy all the time especially when she bent over. I had to stop it because the hospital wouldn't except that they were side affects of mtx. Also a doctor told me he heard something that sounded like pulmonary lung desiese. Hope you feel better.

You may also like...