Community Guidelines

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to gently remind everyone of our community guidelines and ask that you consider other users when you are writing your posts.

In particular, please familiarise yourself with the community atmosphere section,

“Your participation on HealthUnlocked should be with respect, honesty, and in the spirit of supporting and learning from your fellow users.

HealthUnlocked is not a form to create negative feedback about identifiable individuals. Negative and damaging references to identifiable individuals may be edited or deleted either by HealthUnlocked or by a community administrator.”

I’ve removed a thread today that wasn’t in keeping with this and it remaining up wasn’t benefitting anyone.

As we’ve said on here in the past, the community is quite large now and while we do monitor the site, it's difficult to pick up on everything and we are delivering many other services as well as supporting this community. We therefore depend on you to keep the site a positive place for all to come and find out more about their condition and feel welcome.

If you have any future concerns about a post or comment please use the Report of Abuse drop down button so we can look into the matter.

Sorry to have to post this and thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Ruth Grosart

NRAS Digital Media Manager & HU Admin

9 Replies

• Dear Ruth,

As someone whose post was removed, I would ask you to send it back to me so that I may modify it. It is disconcerting when posts just disappear. Was the abusive post I was responding to also removed? Thanks, Fran

• HI funkyfran,

I don't know which post you are referring to as only one was deleted yesterday and wasn't posted by you. We always notify the user if their post is removed however, HU themselves will delete anything that is picked up to be spam or trolling. Please message me if you want to continue this conversation.

• I would like to resolve this issue, Ruth.....I hate a mystery! Am I messaging you? Sorry, bit of a technophobe! Thanks, Fran

• Hi Fran,

No we are still on the public thread. To message someone, click on their username and this takes you to their profile where you can click 'Send Message' on the top right. This is private between users.

• Heart UK and other sites has guide line! It is very up setting for the poster to see the post has been remover! If it is possible before removing it may be an email conversation to rectify the offending "word"?

People do get very upset when medication do not work. In pain people can write what they think. May be second post with correction?

It is very difficult when you are not very well to decide where to go?

• Hi bala,

That's exactly what we do in a situation where wording or context can be edited and we converse with the user to do so. However, sometimes a whole post and thread just needs to be removed because it has no benefit to people in the community. If we left it up it would continue to cause upset and means a lot of time here trying to resolve the situation. I hope this seems fair and we still let the member know what we've done and why and always offer our help and support.

• I in believe policing. Do you only look after NRAS?

• Yes, the other admins and I all work in various roles for the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS), a UK charity that provides many other services. We set up this community with HealthUnlocked and actively monitor the site, trying to provide support and information where we can.

• Keep up the good work Ruth, it's much appreciated

You may also like...