I appear to have developed an allergy to chocolate........oh horror!!!!

Started noticing over the last few weeks that I tended to sneeze after eating a piece, but on Saturday morning I rather over indulged!!! and by the afternoon and all day Sunday I was sneezing like mad, and my nose was running like a tap. I thought I had caught the cold going round at work, but on Monday morning I was fine. Anyone else experienced anything similar, or is it just me, and nothing to do with RA or meds?

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello

That would be nasty, we all need a chocky fix, I suppose personally I would see if it happened again.

Life would be a little stressed if we could not reach out for that boost

BOB

• Oh my goodness! That's terrible!!! :( I,d be devastated if that were me! Have you tried a purer dark chocolate? Not sure why, just a thought :)

• unfortunately I don't like dark - find it too bitter...... If I suffer the same reaction to chocolate cake I'm in real trouble!!!!!!

• You,ll be fine with chocolate cake, there's not even calories in that :) lol

• Oh my that is a side effect too tough to take, if indeed it is a side effect. Whatever it's been caused by, sounds truly appalling!!!!my thoughts are with you and I hope you get back to chocolate stuffing very soon xxx

• I think I'll just have to pace myself and suffer for the cause....!!!!!

• It'll be worth it :)))

• My husband sneezes if he has high cocoa content chocolate. I have read that food intolerances are common with RA?

Might just have to eat little at a time!

• I had 'just the two' mini cream eggs last night, which brought on a few sneezes and made my eyes and nose prickle a bit, but I didn't start streaming again thankfully, so I guess it's just going to have to be little..........but often! xx

You may also like...