The Effects of Physical Withdrawal

Reading all the suffering and uncertainty I want to share a very true writing I have found right in the beginning of my Quit and believed it to be relevant and based my whole almost 10 months smoke free life on this reality:

”Anxiety, Anger, Irritability, Impatience and Restlessness”

”These are normal temporary effects of physical withdrawal from nicotine. Our life long roller coaster cycles of rising and falling blood nicotine levels are now ending. Your mind is in the process of resuming control of the more than 200 neurochemicals that nicotine had directly and indirectly taken hostage, including select adrenaline, dopamine and serotonin pathways. In resuming control the brain is making sensitivity re-adjustments associated with mood, reward, stimulation and anxiety. In trying to protect your mind from the deadly pesticide nicotine it actually desensitized important neurochemical circuits by reducing receptor sites and diminishing the number of transporters.

If a nicotine user remains 100% nicotine free for just 72 hours they’ll likely begin to notice the underlying current of recovery anxieties easing off as their brain’s neurons begin bathing in nicotine-free oxygen rich blood serum and the brain’s sensitivity adjustments begin bearing fruit. Although our quickly healing body is now 100% nicotine free and most of the normal symptoms of adjustment have reached their peak, it will take 10 days to two weeks before our mind and body become fully accustomed to functioning with the absence of nicotine and many of the other 4,000+ chemicals present in each dip”.

It is a serious life changing experience but guaranteed so worth it .....!!

10 Replies

• hi hercu.

it seems lots of people are having bad time.

loads of caughs.colds etc.

I must say my caugh.coldsores are gone.feel so much better.ITS WORTH IT.

I still have sore tongue.mouth and is getting better week by week

so everyone keep at it.doesn't seem like it's worth it.😞

but is so is.

all take care

keep kicking

• Lizzy...Ja...The symptoms are fierce and I have got so much sympathy, with all the new champions..Ferbiritus,Firecow,Naomi to name just a few...

Glad that you are better and yes it just goes better week after week...Stay strong !!

• I'm a bit more pessimist and my experience it took around 40 days yo be able to function and that's being very honest. The first 10 are absolutely pain, 10 to 20 is time to recharge batteries,  20 to 40 was mental battle... Anger... Man, I thought I was turning into an antichrist! 

After 40 days was manageable. 

Just at 6 months I found peace 

At the moment... I need to battle to stay smart so I don't fall onto the well known trap of the just a social one won't kill me!... But I have absolutely no cravings at all, I'm completely at peace.

So...there is peace in the end <3 

• Mmaya...So nice to hear from you and yes That first 10 days..that total Zombification  Aaagh....again yes Complacency is a killer... We must be on our full guard 24/7...and that peace is so sweet....!!!!

• I'm always around Hercu.... Maybe not as often... But the good son always returns home :) missed you too!

• Hi , thanks for sharing your honesty , it's going to help with my quit , people don't tell you about the feeling tired , anger ect and I hadn't realised I would feel physical pain as well as mental pain for as long as I have , so far . 

• Thank you...Jojulian...I was very fortunate to acknowledge the fact that knowledge is success....I have spent those sleepless nights on the internet, searching for answers and found it in bits and pieces....But putting it all together was the challenge  because as you have said nobody really told us it is going to be such a turnover of our lives...Stay strong and know thy enemy...!!!

• Tired, stupid, slow,mad, angry, hungry, lunatic... You name it! I will never smoke again only because I will never be able to go through the quit again!  Good luck buddy hang in there! 

• Amen...Mmaya !!!

• Thanks for sharing , very thought provoking 😀

You may also like...