Vaping feels bad

hi all

I know vaping is a questionable way of stoping smoking.

it has served me very well for 7 weeks.

but lately its been a bit bad.taste all gone.

I think its just making my cough worse.

I want to .or am thinking of stopping.

but worried .its a gamble.

anyone else had this.

thank for your advice ( I know I will get some)

take care

keep kicking

33 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hey Lizzy, can't really offer you any advice as have no experience with the vaping but think Toni stopped using hers yesterday as she too felt the same as you with it, just didn't do anything for her, but our quits are individual to ourselves and you alone can only make the right decision, but it is a very good sign that you are thinking about this 7 weeks into your quit.

I can't beat around the bush though Lizzy, it will be like starting from the beginning of your quit if you have been vaping with nicotine as you have still been getting your fix no matter how small of amount it was, but as I said, you may be ready for this step now....

• hi roisin

I'm going to leave my vape in kitche.

ive noticed I sometimes I don't use it for hours.and probably only use it because I remember that I've forgot it ???

I'm on very low level.may try 0% Nic

see how I go

you take care

keep kicking

• Thats it Lizzy, you really have such a great attitude, just see how it goes, anything is better than smoking a cig......

• Hy, and while I've no dea about, vaping, as I use the patch method, and for me at least it's a gradual reduction in the level of nicotine in my body, indeed for me I,m here for the long haul, I would never succeed with going ct, just a thought you could reduce the level of nicotine.

What ever you choose is right for you, no right or wrongs, we all have the same goal in sight

• Tracey

omg

me cold turkey.im more likely to win the lottery ha

the answers will appear.im not overthinking.just setting a possible plan

thank guys

take care

keep kicking ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Do whatever helps if you don't smoke its all good . I'm happily still vaping but hv cut strength down and doing great at end of week 3...will be hv a large wine and cheering on the rhinos every soon ...take care you're doing great x

• yvette

is that Leeds rhinos.

thank for reply.think I'm going to try leave it.but if I go back to it ๐Ÿ˜ž

its better than the mucky.horrible fags.

I think its my time to stop.can I take the next step.

we will see.

take care

keep kicking ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Yes I live in Leeds ...you keep strong you've come so far xx

• as do I

small world.ha

• Ooh where ? I'm in whitkirk...and us leeds lasses are made of strong stuff ! Lol xx

• me again

I'm in ROTHWELL.

do you know where .

I'm afraid I live nearer to Wakefield.

so its wakefield wildcats.

not saying I'm a fan.im not a rugby or footie fan.

take care

keep kicking

• I hope you're okay this morning and of course I know where Rothwell is x I live just down from temple news am if you know where that is x

• hi Yvette.

ive spent many a day there.

when kids were little.even now ho to farm with my beautiful grandchildren.

shame they took the maze away.which was in the back of house facing fields.

nice days.

take care

keep kicking

• I don't think I can help much either as I haven't tried to come off mine yet. I'm gradually reducing my nicotine level until I get to 0%, then I'll try to come off it. Are you sure there isn't something wrong with it if the taste has disappeared?

Then again, if it's making your cough worse perhaps it is time to come off it?

I think you need advice from someone who has done this. Maybe Toni can help?

• .hi nazmo

I not sure if I want to vape.or use any thing.

I know it's my time to stop.

I have a spare.i may get it out and see if I need to vape at all.

I am on low Nic.maybe time

we will see.

take care

keep kicking ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Well if you think it's time to stop I'm right behind you...go for it! ๐Ÿ˜€

• I'm from Leeds too, born and bred and yes we are made from strong stuff. I am vaping when I really need to, I doubt that I would have got through the really bad days without it. ย I am on low nicotine and to be honest I don't really taste the flavours of the juices either, but I would be worried at this stage of giving it up. ย I don't see me vaping long term, so I'll be very interested in knowing how you get on without it whatever you decide good luck

• hi Jeannie

just a quick update.im on 4 ml.0% made me vape a bit to much at this time of my stop.

I'm better keeping mind busy.then I don't vape much at all.but if I think too much about stoping I seem to vape more?

I'm on this path for the next 7-8 days then I will have a look again.

you take care ๐Ÿ˜

keep kicking ๐Ÿ˜†

• hi geannie. (hope name is good)

I will always be posting.I'm not sure what road ill be on but it wont be the old Smokey ha

talk soon

take care

keep kicking ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Hi Thinlizzyย 

Hope you've had a good week.

As for the vaper have you tried changing the coil. Usually get a bad taste when that needs changing.

Have you tried using 0% nicotine that's not cheating. That's what I've been doing this week and I've found it a bit tough but still determined.

Have a great Easter everyone

Tx

• hi Teric

hope your well ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm on low level now.think I'm gonna get 0% and see how I go.

thanks guys

have a good day

take care ๐Ÿ˜Š

keep kicking ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

• hi teric.

up and running .

gave my vape a good clear out.

got me 0% but not put it in yet.

gonna fin my other liquids first.

no rush.I'm doing it probably.cant rush into something I may regret later ๐Ÿ˜ข

take care

keep kicking ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Lizzy, I used an e-cig the first 2 months of my quit. 0% Nic for the later halve. It always dried out my throat, though not as bad as tobacco. And the 0% no flavor was not the best tasting thing. But it worked.

One day I forgot to take it when I left for work, and I didn't noticeย it until I came home. I realized I didn't need it that day. Good luck and move to 0 when you are ready.

• hi cocoaxchange.

hope you ate well.the sun is shinning and all is well.

my positive though for the day.

I hope that's me.i forget mine.fine without it.them I remember so I get it.

it does dry throat and I'm hoping taste will be tool in stoping /if its bad taste not really nice.do I need it

we will see got my 0% ready to go.nearly there ha

take care ๐Ÿ˜Š

keep kicking

• How's it going on the 0% vaper Lizzy? Have you noticed much of a difference?

• hi nazmo.

its my first day on it.think some old flavour left in from last fill up.

but seems ok.hits the spot.I still think with me it's the routine of hand to mouth.Im ready for the next level which is 0% for a while.then HOPEFULLY.IM A EX-SMOKER. ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿน

cant wait for that day?????

take care.i will post in a while

take care

keep kicking ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

• let me know how it goes...I'll be there myself someday!

• nazmo.

you know I will.

ill keep up to date with ma O%.

or my 6% (if I go back)

I'm ready to try.๐Ÿ˜ž

take care

keep kicking ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Good for you Lizzy!

Wishing you success, you can do this!

• hi Roisin

you had a good day

I can only try.but so long as the fags stay in my distant memory.๐Ÿ˜’

I'll be back ha

you all enjoy the rest of long weekend.

take care

keep kicking ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Hey Lizzy, having a very chilled out weekend, weather is brutal unfortunately, you enjoy the rest of your weekend too....

• Good luck lizzy, sorry I wasn't be able to helpย more and for not being around the last couple of days, I'm away for the bank holiday. ย I didn't stop my vaper in the end, as explained in my last message, but it's definitely still on my very short term goals list so if you can do it you definitely should. Hope you go well and stay relaxed and happy with your quit xx

• hi Toni

I know what you mean.im in same boat.but we will see.if I don't vape its good.but if I do its ok

it's part of my plan ???

I hope you've had a good couple of days.

I have.i think I will put a new post on later?

ive made more changes.??

we will see ha ha

take care ๐Ÿ˜Š

keep kicking

You may also like...