Long time no see..

Hi Everyone!

I've not been around much, in fact so little that most of the regulars here will have no idea who I am - and some of the older faces will be glad to have forgotten.

Well. My name is Stuart and I am a Nicotine addict. It has been 2191 days since I last poisoned myself with Nicotine.

6 Years is a long time, so long in fact that I find it hard to ever believe I used to poison myself willingly and even plan my life around each little fix.

Its so good to see the board so lively with new and older quitters alike - I can tell you, the view is pretty damned good from here :D

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hiya, how nice of you to pop in and let us all know it's worthwhile, 6 years I dont think I know anyone on here who has quit for that long, it's good to see you back, any tips on how to get through the hard times? X

• any tips on how to get through the hard times? X

Just remember why you're doing it. You really wouldn't be here if you didn't want to be.

It seems a little self promoting, but...

forum.nosmokingday.org.uk/s...

• Its so good to see the board so lively with new and older quitters alike - I can tell you, the view is pretty damned good from here :D

It is isn't it, good to see you. How's the cycling going? I'm following your lead in doing a 100+ miler for the BHF :D

• Thanks for the replies everyone :)

Good for you, Nic.. And yes, still doing some. I've done the Norwich 100 for the last 3 years - but I had to trade in my beloved road bike for a hybrid because of a dodgy back.

Still love the riding though, and the lad comes with me sometimes. He's now 8 and manages 30 miles already!

Good luck with it, my friend :)

• Looking forward to it, its only a few weeks now :)

I've treated myself to a new Cannondale Synapse which has a more upright riding position than a traditional road bike to help with my back. I considered a flat bar bike but this one has done what I need and is way more comfortable than my old bike.

• Just remember why you're doing it. You really wouldn't be here if you didn't want to be.

It seems a little self promoting, but...

forum.nosmokingday.org.uk/s...

Fantastic, thankyou I am saving this post x

• Hi Stuart, I think I remember you on here, when I use to frequent a lot more often, while I was first quitting.

Well done!! Six years!

• It's funny who falls out of the woodwork when you give things a good shake...

Good to see you're all tickety boo.

:D

• Stuart firstly so fantastic 6 years wow. I so enjoyed your post, thanks for sharing, that sure is so long time, must be wonderful to be totally free and be not thinking of smoking.

Brilliant and thankyou:)

• It's funny who falls out of the woodwork when you give things a good shake...

;)

Good to "see" you all again chaps

Well done Stuart!! Austin and I will be hitting 7 years soon.

Looks like we've all taken up cycling. A recent picture of my trusty stead below.

Take care everyone

• Nice bike Mr Pots, quick enough to get away from angry dogs;)

• ;) A recent picture of my trusty stead below.

Yours is very, errr, colourful.

I went for more of a "stealth" mode.

Pay no attention to the fact it's outside a pub... :D

scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...

You may also like...